Subscribe Today

Stock Rules For 2007 What Do You Think?

Postby Older & Wiser » February 21st, 2006, 4:06 pm

Let's hear some opinions on this. Let's look at what's good for the sport and not just your team because you have a good sled set up now!
I'm just trying to get some drivers opinions.

Todd Achterberg
Older & Wiser
Older & Wiser

Postby OVALS 83 » February 21st, 2006, 4:14 pm

No factory help unless they build a kit or sled for ovals so we should allow after market rear skid and front end parts to make them work.We don't use an after market skid now but it's nice to have the option.Imagine a stock rev or cat out of the box it's an accident wating to happen.
looking for a 2003 z 440 sno-pro any out there for sale?
OVALS 83

Postby Fontaine Racing » February 21st, 2006, 7:05 pm

we haven't been there but have seen some first class players struggle for two years to put an IQ in the winner circle and should the rules change this whole project would be wasted effort! I understand now that you can not take a modern day production sled and make it competable on the ice . and most importantly safe! I have given this topic a lot of thought lately, since we are getting closer to this . and at this time my vote would have to be, leave it alone. at least for now.
Fontaine Racing

Postby tuner78 » February 22nd, 2006, 1:34 am

Why mess with a good thing! The machines that the oem's are producing are all long travel and don't adapt well to ice oval competition period. Forcing the use of stock components would result in lower on track speeds, more crashes, greater probability of injuries due to ill handling equipment, less driver participation, less fan intrest in the class. All negatives in terms of growing the sport. We would like to see the rules stay as they are and not change for the 06/07 season.
WINNERS:
Show up prepared
Are never intimidated
Don't give up
Are professional
Keep the faith

[b]Team Behn Racing[/b]Tuner78
tuner78

Postby PRO STK 145 » February 22nd, 2006, 1:40 am

I think that the rules for the stock classes should remain the way they are. Reasons being: 1. More entires then I have seen since I moved up and started running Pro Stock (3-4 years ago) 2. The sleds that we are running now will be dangerous without a different front end and rear suspension. 3. (more of a personal reason) My IQ almost goes around the corner, and by the end of this year should do so very well. (only took two years)
PRO STK 145

Postby AHF928 » February 22nd, 2006, 2:40 am

Where did the idea for this change start? It surely did not begin on the SCM circuit. I have been to every meeting we ever had and never heard anyone ask for a change like what I have heard being thrown around.

I cannot think any teams asked for it, promoters would not have asked for it so where did it start?

Can someone post exactly what is being proposed, all we have heard is speculation. The story is almost no changes to stock sleds as I hear it. Is that true? Who knows for sure?
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » February 22nd, 2006, 4:12 am

Augie the change came about at the ISR meeting last spring. In the past a big change like this takes at least two years to come about. Last spring it was decided they wanted it changed in one year. I was in favor of keeping it the same way as now and look at it again when the 08 sleds come about, as they should be quite different then present race sleds. Last I heard is 08 sleds will have to run on pump gas even if the manufacture makes a higher compression head for their machine. There was talk the 08 race sled will have to be a production sled or at least with a higher build number than 500 sleds. I'm still in favor of keeping the rules the same way as the last two years. If everyone comes on board there is no reason why not? CAR 31 should have all the details to what was supposed to take place for next year, there was room left for certian changes to be able to take place.
In pro stock their may just have to be only one class in the future and that will be pro stock 600. Anyone else have different ideas as a few others were brought up at the meeting last spring. Nows the time to be heard, don't wait till this years meetings.
Spy-Guy 74

Postby mxzx131 » February 22nd, 2006, 4:27 am

I agree with pro stk 145 and tuner78. I think the move would have more negatives than positives. If the rules change I just might bring out the 97 mxzx because the stock setting is lower than present sleds. Look at the turn out in Antigo and plymouth,it was great. The stock classses are growing slowly but they are growing.
mxzx131

Postby Xtreme22 » February 22nd, 2006, 7:58 am

Spy and all others,

WE at Xtreme Ice WANT TO LEAVE IT ALONE and let it be how it is now. It took us alot of time and effort to get the change a few years back and last thing we want to see is it go back to how it was before the change. You are all right if you try and set up a snow x sled for ice racing plain and simple besides all the headaches that will come (not that there are not alot now) it will be TO DANGEROUS. The best way i know how to compare it is would be - NASCAR TRUCK what do u think would happen if they tried to leave those things stock and run them around in circles. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lets leave it alone like one had said FINALLY the stock numbers are growing again and it is great to see.
Nick Scheer
Xtreme22

Postby Xtreme22 » February 22nd, 2006, 7:59 am

Opps,

To above post Thanks

Nick Scheer
Xtreme Ice
Nick Scheer
Xtreme22

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros