racing trivia pics!!

racing trivia pics!!

Postby Johnson Racing » February 25th, 2006, 9:29 am

i duno i think that red sled is a yamaha ssr sno pro sled year being 78
Johnson Racing

racing trivia pics!!

Postby maxiracer » February 25th, 2006, 1:29 pm

1. Jim Dimmerman
2. 1978 ( that's Doug Hayes, with Schubitzske taking a tumble)
3. Georgian Cup
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

racing trivia pics!!

Postby OldCatRacer » February 25th, 2006, 3:06 pm

[quote=maxiracer]1. Jim Dimmerman
2. 1978 ( that's Doug Hayes, with Schubitzske taking a tumble)
3. Georgian Cup[/quote]Max, you are correct except I don't know of the track except in pics. Yes that's a 78 SSR and we know Jim did'nt win the Hetteen cup until 1980 with the sled Bob bought for me to race in 81. The pic of the track throws me off so it must be in Canada as I don't think they raced at Owotana in 78. I'll have to get my mags out.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

racing trivia pics!!

Postby drivergus » February 26th, 2006, 9:03 am

LOLOLOL Nice responses folks!!! The answers ...
1.Jim Dimmerman
2.Hales Corners Speedway Hales Corners,Wi (for those who don't know where that is.Its a suburb of Milwaukee)
3.Feb 1978
The hint....PBR me asap!!! the can of pabst he's drinking!! and the pabst logo on the trophy(the race was sponsored by pabst brewing co.). The trophy was the "
Pabst Wisconsin state open"
The caption in the magazine is.. Team Arctic sweeps Milwaukee's sno pro event. Winning the 250,340, and 440x classes.The day was a grand triumph for Team Arctic which had won only 2 classes previously in 1977-78.
The other pic (bottom right= is Doug Hayes tangling with Frans Rosenquist on a Yamaha.The other yamaha driver that year??....Mario ito.
as for Polaris!!! ....if my memory serves me right(and i could be wrong!!) .Sadly,Jerry Bunke was killed about a week or two before this race.Polaris shut down its factory effort after that.I believe this was the first race after that happened.I know the people i was with, were not sure if Polaris would be there or not,which they weren't.Team Frustration was there piloting polaris'.
Dave Riemenschnieder!!!! Man,i remember watching you race!!!!! Glad to make your aquantance. i had no idea you were "waveydog#26".Of course i didn't look at your profile! Very cool!!!!!!!
hope you all enjoyed a little blast from the past.I can post more if folks want ???
Dan Bishop
drivergus

racing trivia pics!!

Postby WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF » February 27th, 2006, 7:07 am

Drivergus keep those racing trivia pictures coming. I raced once at Hales corners and thought it was a shorter track than the picture showed. What do I know it was back in 77? Dave
DAVID RIEMENSCHNEIDER
WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF

racing trivia pics!!

Postby OldCatRacer » February 28th, 2006, 12:51 am

Hey Dave, I was the same as you thinking Hales Corner was a shorter track but I was there racing on Saturday nite and we did'nt stay for Sunday which was not like us. I have the Snowweek with the story.
lancetyner@yahoo.com
OldCatRacer

Previous

Return to Ovals & Enduros