Subscribe Today

rule changes for stock class for 07"

Postby 1p48 » March 4th, 2006, 12:14 pm

does anyone have any info on what the rules will be on suspension set-ups?
1p48

Postby The Old Coyote » March 4th, 2006, 5:10 pm

I don't think any revue or modification of racing rules happen until the off season. Next Fall is the time to ask that question.
[blue][b][i]"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."[/b][/i][/blue]
The Old Coyote

Postby 1p48 » March 4th, 2006, 8:25 pm

should of said has anybody heard of possible new rule changes in the future. read that we could possibly be stuck with having to use stock suspensions
1p48

Postby hal-bent » March 5th, 2006, 8:24 am

I thought I also heard that the stock class where going to have to run stock shocks?
[red]WKCR
THE FASTEST KIDS ON ICE[/red]
hal-bent

Postby watcher » March 5th, 2006, 12:31 pm

stock front supension, stock rear supension, just like we ran years back. shocks were any oem for make/model/. (so if you could get a fox shock on any a-arm polaris you could put a fox shock on your a arm polaris.)

so, april 1 at watersmeet mi tells us what you want! 12 noon!

it should a very interesting ISR rules meeting.

watcher
watcher

Postby X RACER » March 5th, 2006, 1:25 pm

What? That's brilliant Watcher. Let's go backwards! Bad enough attendace is down! Let's bore them somemore! Brilliant!
X RACER

Postby ice_racer_69 » March 5th, 2006, 1:35 pm

Hey X RACER its not like WATCHER is changing the rules??? DUH???? It's all the factories doing...
ice_racer_69

Postby watcher » March 5th, 2006, 2:09 pm

thanks ice racer 69. 1p48 ask the question, sorry XRACER for answer it! every one thinks that one person votes on this, WRONG! every group has one vote. wally, ussa, smc, bj, er, pro. now at the ISR meeting they will need 4 out of 6 votes to pass, tie stay the way it is.

to bad more x racers know it ALL!

watcher
watcher

Postby 1p48 » March 5th, 2006, 6:03 pm

hmmm. why not just leave it the way it is. my race team spends all this money in recent years to fine tune suspension set-ups just two have the rules change is some what dis-heartning. i understand that isr wants to make stock classes more race friendly, but the race sleds that are being sold aint exactly being sold to the public.so in turn to the person just wanting to get into the sport, will have to actually purchase a used race sled to actually compete with the brand new equipment that the wahls, dolezal, and felegy run. just think rules should be left alone!!!!!!
1p48

Postby that 31 car » March 6th, 2006, 3:39 am

Why not leave it as it is? Chances are it will stay as it is. But the original movement was to get stock, back to stock, not the stock engine only deal we have now. Buy a new sled and throw another 5k at it for skid, track and front end isn't the answer either, but it seems to be what most people want right now.
The original premis was to use a production based sled, not the sno cross buggy that the manufacturers produce, then the manufactures got involved and pushed to use the sno cross sled, since they couldn't sell all 500 to sx guys, thus the situation developed. Right now we are so far away from the original idea of three years ago, it's just a faint glimmer on the horizon.
Existing racers are saying leave it alone, so that's most likely what will happen. If it stays like it is stock racing will not grow from the outside with new guys, you will only grow the class from within, with guys who know how to build them. New racers will have to start elsewhere in the classes. Used to be you started in stock. Most racers and builders don't like pure stock since it's too hard to build a good one, it takes a long program, and lots of work. The last pure stock builders were F&F, Mark and Tim made the art into a science, but most other guys just want to sell a kit and be on to the next job. What we have now,is closer to a Champ than a stocker. If thats what is wanted, fine, but it ain't stock.
that 31 car

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros