Subscribe Today

rule changes for stock class for 07"

Postby iceovals3 » March 8th, 2006, 5:24 pm

i think the rules should go back to just allow you to change the shocks and springs, would save tons of money. i know the sled will handle they may be a littleslower but will work. rember eagle river 2 years age the snowcross boys ran the oval then the snow-x track and they handled pretty darn well. also i don't seem to see to many more drivers out there, just the drivers are starting to jump from circuit to circuit, the schedules allowed that this year. also the circuits need to start getting along if they and we want to see the sport grow wright know they sound like CART and IRL winning back and fourth support each other and back each other if you have problems contact them personally not attack the here. again change the rules and make it cheaper as for saftey the stock suspensions will make slower thus making them safer. Track saftey needs to be looked and and fixed. we ned this sport to grow for real and not just one or two drivers right now the size of the classes truelly is a joke. if things don't improve in the next year or two i know i will leave the sport to go go cart racing with my kids that have just started racing this year on a 120.
iceovals3

Postby LucasLee » March 9th, 2006, 2:09 am

Cheaper cheaper cheaper i hate to tell you guys this but in order to race at the top of the pro level you need money. If you want to race you are going to have to pay for it and it is not cheap. Changing the rules to stock springs and shocks isnt going to save you that much. if you want to run stock shocks and springs than do it no one is stopping you.
LucasLee

Postby old motorman » March 9th, 2006, 6:28 am

The top pro class does take alot of money, it's called champ, You need to get more new people into the sport making it cost more is not the answer. buy a new sled 7,000.00 plus wahl skid, custom front end, new track 3,000.00 plus and this is before you even get it on the track. Will the new sleds handle just changing the shocks and springs and using limiter straps I think so, but they will be slower in the corners. In a earlier post they talked about the Eagle river Fri. night ice/snow race a couple years back, I was suprised to see how good the amsoil snocross boys did on the oval, even in the corners and this was without being set-up for ovals.
old motorman

Postby PRO STK 145 » March 9th, 2006, 7:01 am

Right now we have classes that allow people to get into oval racing they are called sportsman 600 and F500, two classe that i see alot of interest in. Stock racing will work out just fine if we leave it alone, yes it costs alot of money to do iknow fisrt hand, but with pro racers staring to cycle through sleds, really competetive used stock sleds are for sale at pretty desent prices. So I am saying leave it alone>

J Ryden
PRO STK 145

Postby iceovals3 » March 9th, 2006, 8:09 am

come talk to me in five years when the # of drivers has droped and you can't figure out why. not very large crowds no T.V. coverage means no major sposors. i know this first hand have lost several due to no t.v.. thus the cost is a huge factor not very man people can justify spending 10,000 for stock racing. people just don't make that much money. we need to make it cheaper and the factories arn't helping (the cost of the sled upfront).. as for sportsman have to update to new sled every couple of years the way the rule as right know. I also heard that there was someone that stuck $7,000.00 in to a sportsman sled. as for f500 sofar it seems to be a good class
iceovals3

Postby eab142racer » March 9th, 2006, 8:28 am

If the ruled are changed to oem suspension all the way around the new sleds will be slow. So then peple are going to buy the older sleds that worked with the oem suspension. Look at how fast Mcintosh was this year on his 2000. Also i belive that if we go to the oem suspension rule you are going to have less selds in the class due to slow speeds. Who wants to get passed by a juniors 340 in hot-laps? This will result in lower paychecks due to small entries. So just leave the rules how they are. It is what most of the racers want.
eab142racer

Postby PRO STK 145 » March 9th, 2006, 8:57 am

We'll i am sticking with leaving it the way it is and in five years i guess well see whos right. But the way i see it if you want a competetive semi pro stock sled buy a used one for 6000ish that is already set up, and if you do well there the manufactures will see that, i know there are trying to help whoever possible it doesnt seem like it but they are.

J Ryden
PRO STK 145

Postby 1p48 » March 12th, 2006, 5:31 pm

just like to thank all the racers, tech people, and normal race fans who have been involved in this debate. this is why i think this forum is helpfull, to get everybodys opinion out there.i"m for leaving the rule the way it is so hopefully are opinions will be heard come decision making time. again, thanks-matt

p.s leave rule alone.........
1p48

Previous

Return to Ovals & Enduros