Subscribe Today

what is too Fast?

what is too Fast?

Postby watcher » April 22nd, 2006, 2:37 pm

RACERINSIDER
MY QUESTION WAS
1ST, "does speed fall into safety"? NOT HAY BAIL, WALLS OR BUTT HEADS!
2ND, "is resticting speed going to save lives"? AGAIN NOT HAY BAILS, WALLS OR BUTT HEADS!
3RD, "how long will ISR and K&K going allow this speed"? AGAIN, NOT HAY BAILS, WALLS OR BUTT HEADS!

NOW FOR YOUR QUESTION! I know you are off the board now but is there anyway for an outsider not on the board to actually see the rules that get voted on and the actual Ballots not just the out come????

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I KNOW THAT YOU SIT IN WITH YOUR FATHER AT THE ISR MEETINGS, YOUR GROUP (PRO-ICE) GETS ONE VOTE, USSA GETS ONE VOTE, MARCEL GETS ONE VOTE AND SO ON. IF YOU GO HOME AND POST IT ON YOUR WEB SITE LIKE OTHER YEARS YOU ALWAY SAY WHAT YOU VOTED ON AND IF IT PASSED IN YOUR FAVOR OR NOT.

JERRY OR I ALWAYS TAKES IT BACK TO THE NEXT BOARD MEETING AND ALSO REVIEW WHAT WENT ON. THE BOARD ALWAYS GIVES JERRY OR I THE WAY THAT USSA WOULD LIKE US TO VOTE FOR THEM. GO BACK TO THE CHAMP WEIGHT RULE THE BOARD WANTED IT TO STAY AT 350# YOUR DAD DID TOO. WE BOTH VOTED FOR IT TO STAY, WE LOST THE VOTE. THE RULE CHANGED TO 375#.

OK, IF YOU ARE TALK ABOUT USSA VOTING? IT'S ALWAY WRITEN IN THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING, YOU WOULD HAVE TO ASK FOR A COPY OF THE MINUTES. JEFF K FOR YEARS WAS THE SEC. DID A GREAT JOB, NOW CHIP H. HAS THE SEC. SPOT ON THE BOARD AND IS DOING A WONDERFUL JOB TOO. ALL IS RECORDED. PASS OR FAILED IF A PAPER BALLET IS TAKEN, NEVER HAD TO PUT YOUR NAME ON THE BALLOT (DO YOU PUT YOUR NAME ON THE BALLOT WHEN YOU VOTE?)

OK LET US ASK THIS QUESTION, WHY DOES K&K INSURE GROUPS THAT DON'T FOLLOW THE ISR RULES? GROUPS THAT ALLOW OVER 600CC CLASSES IN OVALS, NO SAFETY INSPECTIONS. NOT PICKING ON YOU, OR EAGLE RIVER OR ANY ONE ELSE, JUST ASKING.

NOW IF YOU WANT TO ASK ABOUT WALLS, HAY BAILS OR BUTT HEADS, ASK THE QUESTION DOES THAT SAVE LIVES?

I AM VERY SORRY WE LOST LIVES ON THE RACE TRACK, I NEVER WISH FOR THAT TO HAPPEN. THE LORD ALWAY DOES WHAT HE DOES WHEN HE DOES. I CAN NOT TELL YOU WHY! I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW LONG I WILL LIVE OR WHEN I'LL DIE. IT COULD BE JUST A SIMPLE FALL ON THE ICE, WALKING. BUT I DO BELIEVE THE LORD KNOWS WHEN I AM GOING TO BE LEAVING THIS EARTH.

watcher
watcher

what is too Fast?

Postby glhperformance » April 22nd, 2006, 5:20 pm

I have heard about this y pipe thing. I am not a ice oval racer but a fan of it and i do race another disciplin. From what i see some one is getting there pockets lined by a big manufature. All you drivers need to stand up against this for the sake of your sport. Definatly a organiziation that is privatly owned looks only in there best interest of making money and for many years in the past you see manufacturers reck racing. I can see it happening in sno x. Do you see the car manufacturers beat on each other in nascar. Do you see ford saying that if you are not running this you wont get paid. Nascar has it right. Dont let the manufacturers dictate how things are going to be. I just hate to see things get wrecked. Now for going fast ( what is wrong with going fast) The fans dont pay to see 1 cylinders go around the track. They want to see excitement not something that is boring and i personally think the 600 class is the class of the future.
Most of you dont see the cost this will put on drivers who already have this equipment and the R & D this will take for the motor builders. People have a hard time thinking outside the box and look at everything. If the next move is a Y pipe then it will be a stock motor in a mod chasis.

Now take a look at what manufacturer is tring really hard to get there nose in the oval racing. It does not take a rocket scientist to see what they are tring to pursuade the rules so there sled can compete.

I hope alot of drivers will take pride in there sport and stand up for what they feel is right and Contact the people behind all of this and state your case.
glhperformance
glhperformance

what is too Fast?

Postby am88 » April 22nd, 2006, 5:51 pm

Terry:

Here is the post you made a while back. It is begining to seem relevant.

[quote=watcher]i had a customer come into the shop this week (i was standing around again, don't tell my Boss please). We got into talking about the message board here on SnowWeek. Now this is the second time in a short while that i got told this again. Had a driver come up to me at USSA WAUSAU race and tell me the same.

Why does everyone take this message board to heart? Why tell everyone who you are? This was suppose to be for fun! If you can't take it with a grain of salt you should get a life! This person (and i said i would not tell his name) (get mad at me, but he's at home laughting as he reads this) says it fun walking in the pits just wondering who bash him without knowing it was him! Just like playing "Hide and Seek"! Know matter what topic you talk about, someone gets his/her feelings hurt. SO WHAT, THIS IS FOR FUN, A PLACE YOU CAN'T GET SHOT FOR SAYING IT AS YOU WRITE IT! IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT, STAY OFF!!!!!THIS IS ONLY FOR FUN!

i don't know his name on here, he would not tell me, but said he has three or four different names he writes under, and it's fun! He also said think about this? watcher is terry kumrow, how the heck does someone from New York realy know it's you (terry)? Only taking our word that it is you (terry), can never know for sure. Why can't racerinside be Ted Otto, or even Chuck Decker, useing a made up name??? Think about that. if Snow Week realy wants everyone to be honest on here, they would have you post your S.S NUMBER, ADDRESS, DATE OF BIRTH, DRIVER LICENSE, NAME OF YOUR FIRST BORN. TAX ID NUMBER.

SO today i am going to write under
"sorryihurtyourfeelings", "getalife", "ionlyknow" , "iamthebestever" and "tedjerrytoddchuckwallyshow" keep it fun, if you can't handel it, go your local Children's Hospital and see how the kids handle Cancer, Heart Problems, Birth Defects, then think how bad you realy have it that someone hurt your feelings on here!

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER, HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU AT THE BANQUET!

KEEP IT FUN

watcher[/quote]

Also Terry--RacingInsider is a Sheer? He didn't say it here:

[quote=RacingInsider]Jason is my name i use to go to the races to watch Willy Jenson, Tom Paulson, Tom Jenson, Welnsloff, & Rydeen race. did a few races myself YEARS ago. But been following the race back since the days of MRP i think i have missed 2 races (Pro-Ice/Xtereme Ice) since 99. Just a die hard fan of Ice racing and makes me upset when lookin in from the outside you can see simple little things that could be fixed to make the sport grow. I have nothing to gain by any of it just what i see with my own to eyes, and hear first hand from certian people involved in Ice Racing.[/quote]

Again Terry, quoting you or ""sorryihurtyourfeelings", "getalife", "ionlyknow" , "iamthebestever" and "tedjerrytoddchuckwallyshow"", in relevant part, "Why does everyone take this message board to heart? Why tell everyone who you are? This was suppose to be for fun! If you can't take it with a grain of salt you should get a life! This person (and i said i would not tell his name)"

Yet again quoting you: "SO WHAT, THIS IS FOR FUN, A PLACE YOU CAN'T GET SHOT FOR SAYING IT AS YOU WRITE IT! IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT, STAY OFF!!!!!THIS IS ONLY FOR FUN!" (Emphasis in original).

Fun huh?
AM
am88

what is too Fast?

Postby watcher » April 23rd, 2006, 2:04 am

am88, sorry if you think i am MAD. but i am NOT, "JUST HAVING FUN WITH THIS BOARD".
ask me a question and i might run with it, but i think i can ask a question back.

oh sorry that i missed the the post that racerinsider AKA "JASON". So, in that case you would not know how ISR or USSA votes. sounds like he has some knowledge about WSA.
But again, my question was about safety and speed? not haybail or walls.

SO, NOW WATCH FOR SOME NEW SCREEN NAMES "SAFETYSPEEDBUTTHEAD", DONTASKQUESTIONSBACK", "WATCHWHATYOUWRITEYOUMIGHTHURTSOMEONEFEELINGS" OR MAYBE "DOWEREALGIVEADARNIJUSTWRITETOPISSSOMEOFF"

they all might be a little long, but think you get my drift. i like my new spot in the sport,"grandstand" oh, rethinking that, guess i won't be at any PRO-ICE races then.

watcher (watch for my new name soon)
watcher

what is too Fast?

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » April 23rd, 2006, 2:09 pm

Hey Terry just got back from the Pro-Ice banquet in Garrison. Good news to, you should be able to come to at least four events as they will have grandstands at those events. Better news yet you may not have to travel far to one event!! Have a great summer and I'll see you next winter someplace.
Spy-Guy 74

what is too Fast?

Postby watcher » April 23rd, 2006, 4:13 pm

good news, heated i hope, the bones get cold sitting all day.

so, where are those grandstand going to be?

have to buy you a beer or two next time i see you. i'll save you spot in the grandstand.

have a great summer

watcher
watcher

what is too Fast?

Postby bmf » April 23rd, 2006, 5:07 pm

Terry
He means Antigo.
bmf

what is too Fast?

Postby USSA Sucks » April 24th, 2006, 10:00 am

If thats true about antigo, thats awsome. Hopefully wally can take some more races away from them and finally get rid of USSA once and for all. Way to go Scheers !!!! Im suprised those USSA babies havent been on here complaining about how Pro-Ice is killing the sport by stealling races from other organiztions. ahh well their just going to have to get over it and realize who the real Oval organization is.

Hope you USSA racers have fun racing your 3 races next year.
Pro-Ice proves their the best again.

Hey Nick you guys should try to get plymouth too.
USSA Sucks

what is too Fast?

Postby watcher » April 24th, 2006, 10:55 am

WOW, who was pointing a gun at you, to race with USSA. last time i looked around the pits i did not see any. i'll have to look closer from the grandstand at the three USSA's!

tell us how you realy feel!

watcher
watcher

what is too Fast?

Postby PRO STK 145 » April 24th, 2006, 4:00 pm

WOW suprise suprise "USSA sucks" doesnt have a name in his profile, what a BIG person. I hope some day everyone on this forum can be as mature as "USSA sucks". As far as the topic, "what is too fast?" is concerned, im sure the organizations together will figure out whats safest and best for oval racing in general.

J Ryden 145
PRO STK 145

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros