Subscribe Today

what is too Fast?

what is too Fast?

Postby ice_racer_69 » April 26th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Back on topic...

What is to fast?

Thats the question at hand. Other then the pissing match we have goin on here, there have been some valid points made. Some ideas so far:

1. Stud Length. This idea comes from one of the oldest, most experienced ice racers on the planet. It seems like a pretty legitimate point, shorter studs, slower speeds in the corner. It will come natural for a driver to want to slow down sooner as he enters a corner. This way, you don't have the 3-4 wide coming in to a corner at 100+ mpn.

2. Limit carbs or exaust. I'm not a wizard, but this will also slow sleds down. One thing I could forsee happening would be a thing like the restrictor plate in nascar. A lot of the sleds would be more even, so there you have the closer racing with the 3-4 wide goin into a corner.

3. MAYBE, we aren't going to fast. Ever think about that? It was just a simple question to begin with. What is to fast? Maybe we haven't reached that threshold yet. I genuinely believe that proper track saftey would take care of a lot of broken bones and bruises and trashed sleds. Some one said it earlier this year: At valcourt, the problem wasn't the lack of bales, it was that they were frozen! Not something you want to have. What i'm saying here is we may be going fast in the open class, but tracks can be adapted to contain these speeds.

What do some of the organizations have in mind? Pro-Ice, USSA, EPT, MIRA? What will the proposals be at this years ISR meeting, if any??
ice_racer_69

what is too Fast?

Postby watcher » April 26th, 2006, 2:18 pm

thanks Chris, that was my question. "WHAT IS TOO FAST?"

BUT I THINK I PISS OFF TOO MANY FOLKS ON THIS QUESTION. SO, I DON'T CARE, HIT 150 MPH, SEE IF WE GET INSURANCE, MAYBE WE WILL, MAYBE WE WON'T????? THE BALL IS YOUR COURT! MAYBE I'LL BE THE ONLY ONE IN THE GRANDSTAND TOO?

watcher (from the grandstand)
watcher

what is too Fast?

Postby watcher » April 26th, 2006, 2:19 pm

double hit sorry folks
watcher

what is too Fast?

Postby PRO STK 145 » April 26th, 2006, 2:37 pm

If I was making the decision, my decision would be to leave of as it is for now. As far as I'm concerned there not going to fast, especially with the safety precautions such as hay bales , and catch fence being enacted. I know that the catch fences work pretty well cause I had the luxury of using one at the Wausau ussa race. Also, all the drivers competing in that class have tons of experience and lots of ability.

USSA hater: If that was a compliment, well thanks, I guess it sounded more like sarcasm to me.

Thanks
J Ryden
PRO STK 145

what is too Fast?

Postby USSA_Hater » April 26th, 2006, 4:22 pm

In my opionion twister just showed why people shouldnt post their names. He try to threaten my business, which in turn will effect my life. Now was the mature, i would have to go with no. Now i dont see how posting your name gives you credibility. Now imagine this Andy Moyle is guy that comes along and helps out Dan Fenhaus and hes not really seen alot around the races because he is busy fixing all the sleds. Now he comes on here and post his name but no one on he knows him, so how does that give him any credit. Now even though hes been around the sport for along time no one on here knows him. So techniquely he still doesnt have any credibility because no one knows him. There's lots of people that have their names posted on here that i've never heard of, so how do give them any credibility, do i give it to them just because they made up some name or what? And with people like twister threatening people because he thinks im full of it do you think your going to get more people to show their real name and not just some made up one that they looked up in the phone book.

another reason i disagree with posting names is because once you get people with a high status ex. Moyle,Hooper,Jocko.. everyone starts sucking up to them and wont disagree with them. Yes their all smart people but i dont think that everyone truely agrees with everything they say. I'll use the F-500 class for example on here its the greatest thing since sliced bread but then when get the the races everyone with execption of the people in the class complain about how stupid of a class it is and all it is another sprint class and a waste of time. But once people know hoopers listening its back to being the greatest class. I mean look at the concept, it got completely tossed out the window, it is just another sprint class there was what one new driver over here in the midwest and the rest of them were verterns, one which also runs a hooper sled in the sprint class(so moneys clearly not a concern) and someone asked for it to be in on the millennium chanenge which travels all over the country and would cost a ton of money. I think there was also a proposal to have a pro f-500 class? Now wasnt it suppose to be a beginners class?

oh and Sprint88 if your going to compare racers atleast pick a class that both groups have drivers in. I think Pro-Ice has 2 drivers in the sprint class.

I have more but AOL sucks and ive been kicked off 4 times already so im just going to stop after i got one of my topics written. so thats why this is going to be broken up a couple of times.

Yes Jay that was a complement not sarcasim.
USSA_Hater

what is too Fast?

Postby USSA_Hater » April 26th, 2006, 4:36 pm

Now on the next topic.

This whole oval groups coming together is a bunch of crap. Everyone is going to have their favorite group wheather you like or not. Its no different than any other topic. Now you say that you want the oval groups to get together and attack those of us that disagree with it. Now its no different than Snowcross vs. ovals. you like ovals they like snowcross. Living in this fantacy world that all of you are in wouldnt it be better for the whole snowmobile racing types to stop fighting with each other. Wouldnt this be better for the sport as a whole. Probably Yes, But you guys jumped all over the other types of racing until they moved to a different site. Then you jumped all over Snow Week for not having Jocko as the racer of the year. now put your self in their shoes would you give the award to the group that chased away all of your other forms of racing, which in turn proably effected their # subscribers in other forms of racing. You guys didnt even have good reasons to have jocko as racer of the year,even though i respect him very much, you guys said hes been dominate for years and it amasing how well he competes at his age. but its not racer of the decade award or oldest racer award. its racer of the year and even though he had a great year. there quite a few who had better years than even him. So Now im not the only imature one on this site pretty much everyone one on here could be called imature for either attacking other forms of racing or just for being a baby about who snow week gave their award to or back to my other post threatening someone in some way just because you dont agree with them. (and yes i would consider someone saying that there going to tell everyone not to come to my dealership as a threat.)
USSA_Hater

what is too Fast?

Postby USSA_Hater » April 26th, 2006, 4:39 pm

now back on track.

i think that the best way is slow them down (which needs to be done, at least to about 105 mph at max) is by shortening the carbites and shortening studs. If you go with the restricer plate then you really cant call the class open any more because its not.

oh and i'll be sure to make up a name so i can get some credibility.
USSA_Hater

what is too Fast?

Postby watcher » April 26th, 2006, 5:18 pm

"twister 250 said "If you have a dealership please let me know the name of it and I will be sure to tell everyone I know not to go there."

this is just what i was talking about, bring guns to a fun board, "GET A LIFE" "THIS IS FUN, REMEMBER"

man all the bashing hater and suck did to me and everyone else is getting mad.
"TAKE A PILL"

now get back to the topic, or start your own question or topic!

watcher (from high in the grandstand)
watcher

what is too Fast?

Postby Lava » April 26th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Realize "ussa hater" that 29ne did well against #180 at BJ in the pro stock class. We didn't run our 440 in the 600 class out of respect for our sponsors. We probably would have done well there too with it.
I personally think you've gone completely overboard in your efforts to bash one particular race organization. I think under the current situation of ovals that we're all doing our best to keep moving toward the future and further comments from you in particular should be avoided. You continuously make yourself sound silly and don't really have facts to back up your allegations.
Advice: Stop now, or when its figured out who/what you are(coward) you'll be in exile around many race trailers. I know from past experience that having to look for that one part that only one may have at the time could be crucial to success on your weekends events and how they pan out..............think about it! Because if you don't know,.. now you know........Craig Moulton
Lava

what is too Fast?

Postby proton » April 27th, 2006, 3:13 am

I like JV#96 idea...limit carbide and studs...maybe no hookers(would help the keep track from failing)racing would be more exciting, and driving skill would show...on a side note, how fast can you go with these rubber tracks before they break.
proton

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros