Subscribe Today

Ideas to make our sport grow?

Postby Bob Riebe » January 10th, 2007, 8:27 am

Put Al Unser Jr. on a sled, and you will have a crowd.
Bob Riebe

Postby watcher » January 10th, 2007, 8:38 am

Paul Tracy would get you more action.

watcher
watcher

Postby Petawawarace » January 10th, 2007, 9:16 am

hahah I agree Watcher, Put Tracy and that french Mcdonalds kid on sleds, and there won't be a bail left untouched..
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby watcher » January 10th, 2007, 9:32 am

also the Fans might get to see some action (pushing and wrestling)in the pits after the race. LOL
He does put color into racing.

Jr we need to get some women and some bottles, and hear how good is uncle and dad was.

watcher
watcher

Postby northwd » January 10th, 2007, 1:20 pm

Al Unser jr. was in Beausejour back in 1993 doing a feature on snowmobiling and racing for ABC's Wide World of Sports. He was filmed riding Alan Decker's F1 twin tracker sled on the track, and incidentally he crashed it going into corner one and was injured and couldn't race in his next Indy race.
northwd

Postby Xtreme22 » January 11th, 2007, 7:10 am

Doug,

So when and where is this meeting at ER???
Nick Scheer
Xtreme22

Postby flavious » January 11th, 2007, 9:13 am

[quote=ice_racer_69]flavious- i know you do a LOT of work with vintage sleds and vintage oval racing and really helped get the vintage boom going (with your website)... I also know that when you went to Beausejour this year and watched the champs race you were instantaneously hooked (don't worry, it happens to everyone there first time). I also know you handed the reigns of the sno pro series over this year, so that may have freed up a bit of your time.

what I am getting at here is that I think that you would be a good fit somewhere in the world of Late Model oval racing. You have no ties with any racers, race teams, or organizations which would mean your opinions and beliefs would be credible and well thought out.

Wadaya say??[/quote]

You have me confused with someone else. I'm just a fan, have observed oval racing for a lot of years. The politics of the tracks & associations is such that I wouldn't be a good candidate, and I've a couple of businesses to babysit as is. The right candidate needs to come from the drivers finding someone they could believe in to help them.
flavious

Postby Bob Riebe » January 24th, 2007, 6:24 am

[quote=Xtreme22]Doug,

So when and where is this meeting at ER???[/quote]
Did you gentlement get together?
If so, any conclusions derived?
Even if you just got together and buried your sorrows in burritos and beer,it would be nice go know if you met.
Bob
Bob Riebe

Postby watcher » January 24th, 2007, 7:17 am

DON'T THINK IT HAPPENED. doug was in tech late Thur. night. talk with Todd, i know he was not there. proton did not make it, talk with him.

watcher
watcher

Postby Yamaha02Fan » January 24th, 2007, 1:23 pm

[quote=Ovals Forever]Isn't Matt Kenseth from Wisconson? he must have grown up snowmobilling,
he must have heard of Eagle River, maybe he would be interested in sponsering a driver, these guys could really help this sport, but someone has to ask them first, we need to get them to Eagle River.
The manufactures are hurting from the lack of snow they don't have extra money to throw at this sport but the Nascar boys do.[/quote]
Yamaha02Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros