Subscribe Today

Ideas to make our sport grow?

Postby WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF » January 4th, 2007, 11:13 am

Maxi I am telling you when there are conflicting dates you are never going to have enough sleds. You probably won't have thirty sleds at Eagle River even if you combine those three classes. I also have never liked putting different speed of sleds in the same race, or hot laps. I never have liked any of the longer races for a number of reasons. First the track should be plowed after 15 laps now! When you run all those laps is it really sprint racing. You should always have some kind of a last chance race to get your butt in the final, if you screw up in the heat race. If you take my suggestion and put the winner of the last chance race in the front row, you could even win the final. Right now at the local races they are hardly eliminating anyone anyway.
DAVID RIEMENSCHNEIDER
WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF

Postby Ovals Forever » January 5th, 2007, 8:45 pm

I went on Speed Forums "The Speed Vision Channel" and posted the live by Internet deal in 8 different forums, in a matter of about 5 minutes I already have about 18 views.
Some of theses forums have over 400,000 posts.
Go check it out, I am listed as ovalsforever.

http://insider.speedtv.com/
Ovals Forever

Postby tifa_5_2000 » January 7th, 2007, 11:24 am

gotta make it cheaper to race. notice the vintage and low dollar classes popularity? i dont think an open, most money wins class is the answer. insurance would be rediculous. how bout a pure stock class?
tifa_5_2000

Postby Ovals Forever » January 7th, 2007, 12:32 pm

Maybe one of our biggest fans will win the lottery. lol
Ovals Forever

Postby Ovals Forever » January 7th, 2007, 1:28 pm

This post has 63 reply's and 2163 views which is great but lets here some ideas on how to get more fans.
Maybe spending all of our time talking about changing rules isn't the answer, maybe it's time to start thinking more about what we can do for our fans.
What can be done to make good show even better "For the fans"?
How can you make sure the current fans keep comming back and bring someone new next year?

The fans are the customer, make them #1 treat them right and they will keep coming back and supporting you, treat them wrong or don't give them what they want and they will be gone and soon you to will be gone.
Ovals Forever

Postby TigorRacing176 » January 7th, 2007, 2:21 pm

Not that this would help bring in more fans but what ever happen to the mechanics races they use to do?? Watching that was hilarious none of them really got up to fast enough speeds to do real damage but a great show for us racers and probably the fans also.
TigorRacing176

Postby Petawawarace » January 7th, 2007, 3:35 pm

I agree, make the fan want to come out and stand in the cold and watch the races. I'm looking foreward to the fireworks and night races at ER this year, and that truely does make it a family event, even for the really young ones. I think there should be more night races, however not all places (especially lake races can afford, let alone provide the proper lighting for a night race. Fireworks during the day probly won't wor either.

Another great thing that I've noticed is the single banger vintage sleds. I think Eganville has the perfect set-up, they only have a few classes, so it doesn't take up the whole day, and they are an absoluste riot to watch.
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby Ovals Forever » January 8th, 2007, 5:52 pm

I think both of those would be fun for fans to watch.
Any more ideas?
Ovals Forever

Postby Fontaine Racing » January 8th, 2007, 7:13 pm

REMEMBER Thursday night before the derby. collect your ideas to make our sport grow., and bring them with your positive attitudes. look forward to meeting you!
will be more details to follow.
Fontaine Racing

Postby flavious » January 9th, 2007, 2:39 am

maybe it's time to start thinking more about what we can do for our fans.

That's the key. Solve that, and the a lot of the other issues will work themselves out. Remember, the issue has to be solved where ever you pro drivers go - not just at Eagle River. Be careful with your meeting there... remember the Derby track as a very specific agenda... it's not racers, its not fans.
flavious

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros