Subscribe Today

Champ 440: Combined Weight Rule-or not?

Postby AHF928 » May 3rd, 2007, 3:58 am

I'm afraid "the fix is in" as they say. Certain team or teams want this and it will be done. The balance of the drivers will have to deal with it. My sense from our meeting was that we got to vote, but "negotiations" at the meeting will change the outcome when the time comes.

This is soley my opinion and I have been wrong before, actually several times today already.
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

Postby ice_racer_69 » May 3rd, 2007, 4:28 am

[quote=AHF928] Certain team or teams want this and it will be done....."negotiations" at the meeting will change the outcome when the time comes.

[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking.

It's all political bull shiz. Why even have the meeting?? No body has a say in anything anyway.

And we wonder why people like Spy-Guy are "hangin it up"?

Maybe I'll join him.
ice_racer_69

Postby TDC » May 3rd, 2007, 6:55 am

I think a combined weight rule is a terrible idea, but if it's anything like the BS thats been going on with the drag rules the last couple years it will probably get passed. I believe rules were passed that caused such an uproar that they were overturned before even being printed or going into effect! People were trying to change the rules to their advantage rather than doing whats good for the sport.

USSA says the majority is in favor of the new rule, but if I'm not mistaken that's based on the MINORITY at the USSA banquet. Am I wrong?

One more thought, what happens to the sport when a forty pound chunk of lead rips lose from the constant pounding and it hits a spectator at 90 MPH??
TDC

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » May 3rd, 2007, 7:12 am

Very, very good points TDC.
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby ussa 172m » May 3rd, 2007, 7:43 am

i was at the ussa general meeting there was probably 40 people there 3 or 4 champ guys most of guys that were in favor of it race the pro sprint classes .jerry k kept saying the guys out east started the weight deal.there was no real vote just a raise of hands .i am a ussa member not in faver of it.thanks pat duchene
172x
ussa 172m

Postby ice_racer_69 » May 3rd, 2007, 8:26 am

I thought the EPT voted it down?
ice_racer_69

Postby Petawawarace » May 3rd, 2007, 8:37 am

The EPT did vote it down. I've only been to the rules meetings the last 2 years, and I can't recall anything being brought up about the combined weight rule. Why would the guys in Pro-Sprint even have a say in the champ class rules. At the EPT meeting it was voted on by current DRIVERS ONLY!!! It was discussed as a group, but then the drivers had the overall choice.
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby AHF928 » May 3rd, 2007, 8:38 am

Yes the EPT voted it down. The east DID NOT ORGINATE THIS !!! Our vote was PRO CHamp and Semi Pro CHamp Drivers only. It was not OK with the majority of our divers the actual count was something like 8 no to 4 yes.

This was brought up by a traveling team while they were here according to what was said at the meeting and did not start here.
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » May 3rd, 2007, 8:51 am

[quote=ussa 172m]i was at the ussa general meeting there was probably 40 people there 3 or 4 champ guys most of guys that were in favor of it race the pro sprint classes .jerry k kept saying the guys out east started the weight deal.[/quote]

Doesn't surprise me one bit. Just another ploy by the sinking ship which is USSA. Let me guess, were the Sprint guys that were voicing their opinion on the USSA board? Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding You Guessed Right!!!
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby watcher » May 3rd, 2007, 11:21 am

everyone talks SMART! sit in these ISR meeting and pay attention write notes and keep the notes, i have over 9 years of NOTES. AND YES IT STARTED FROM OUT EAST, and last year Dave W. was in favore of it. if not for Jerry K. it might have pass last year. Jerry ask to do a study on it first and then this year after everyone see the weights VOTE on it, not until.

CORY, as for Champ 440, yes there was never NO TALK FOR DROPPING IT.

wonder why the sport in hurt?????? let us hear ++++++++++++++++ ABOUT THE SPORT NOT ALL THE BULLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

watcher
watcher

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros