Subscribe Today

USSA Champ 440 Rule Change

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » April 1st, 2007, 3:36 pm

Jerry-

I will respectfully take Pro Sprint 56 HP out of my topic. That still doesn't warrant the cheating USSA allowed during the time of the class. Same with F III. I know you personally take a lot of the heat because you have been President for a number of years. I was not taking anything away from the good things you have done, which there are many. I am just stating that I don't think that any of your hearts are in it anymore. Tell me otherwise if it isn't true. I want to do all I can to build things back up. And I will, or die trying.

Twister-

Any little pu$$y can come on here and make a statement like you just did and not have enough or any balls to at least type your name behind it. By the way, I AM pretty intelligent. How can you say I have nothing to stand on? I have as strong of a foundation as there has ever been in Ice Racing to stand on. Who are you? Just another peon behind the computer is my guess.

Cory Ewing
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby Bigtimecheater » April 1st, 2007, 3:54 pm

Cory you seem like a nice guy until you get behind a keyboard. But anyways the way i see it is that if USSA, was really completely responsible for messing up those 5 classes, thats not too bad of a record for 40 years. I screw up more than 5 times a day..and thats on a good day. I would also say that if it wasnt for USSA, there probably woudnt be any form of Ice oval racing around right now. I would start looking at other things that are responsible for hurting oval racing other than trying to blame a race circuit that made oval racing what it is today, and carried it through all the down times.
Bigtimecheater

Postby iceovals3 » April 1st, 2007, 4:01 pm

Cory,
what do you have to stand on and don't say your dad that is living in the past and he is not you. Also what are you doing for the sport besides sitting at your computer letting your fingures run wild. I don't see you at the track or helping any of the small teams out there, and don't tell me family or use money as a excuse. I have 3 kids go to school full time and work and still find time to race with 3 sled in my stable and I'm looking to add more for next year. Is for cheating all racers do it in one way shape or form like it or not.

USSA Hater,

you are what is destroying the sport you are tring to make it end up like champ car and irl and look what happened to them. I do not have any problem of pro ice wsa or what ever they are called now. Every circuit has there issues and dosn't need some no brained a$$hole like you to claim one is better then the other. They all have ther pros and cons

Joe Schwartz
#3 ussa
iceovals3

Postby Bigtimecheater » April 1st, 2007, 4:20 pm

Im pretty sure cory was at all the races helping out bettins, except for plymouth and ontanogan!
Bigtimecheater

Postby iceovals3 » April 1st, 2007, 4:32 pm

like i said a smaller team. Help the smaller teams and the sport will get better. I'm not saying Cory is a bad guy just he lets his fingures run wild on this site. I always hear how do we make this sport grow. The truth is most moter sports are not growing. Nascar for example they have what 50 teams. To make this sport grow is we need TV coverage this will cost money but will also make money. Also we need to cut classes all the way around and cater to the big class like champ. Give more laps more test time at the begging of the day and keep the show short. People dont like to come out so we need to take it to them People may be mad about less classes but the truth is seeing people on the same sled in more then one class with the same result they get BORED. So lets get the smaller team the ability to grow and be a good team (work with the teams we have) and we will have the better show.
iceovals3

Postby iceovals3 » April 1st, 2007, 4:35 pm

also at 2 races out of 4 in USSA. Look at the ones that have been there all year and listen to what they are saying. I wish i could of been only at 50% of the races but my sponsors would not of been happy.
iceovals3

Postby bmf » April 1st, 2007, 5:10 pm

Factories have been the problem. From the 56 hsp class [ I saw a kited srv pull a '76 SRX down the straight at Eagle River], F-III,f-1,and pro-stock. They only look out for themselves. Mike Houle raced only for his winnings until Ski-doo hired him away from Pro-5. The last year twins ran for the W.C. I think they had 17 sleds. Want to fix Pro-Champ? Have no entry fee to race the class like they did in the Sno-Pro days. More guys might try to make the move if you remove some of the money spent. Nobody likes to be a donator. It would be the carrot. Keep the factories out.
bmf

Postby Fontaine Racing » April 1st, 2007, 5:17 pm

Gentlemen
I hope that you will all agree to disagree? just got home and read this.
I see some people that are passionate about oval racing voicing there opinions? arent they entitled to that?
not picking any sides here, but i definitely agree with Corey on one thing.
Fon Du, and USSA Hater, should you not have the seeds to put a real name behind your post, you are truely nobody, therefore your coments mean nothing! at least to me.
hope you guys can be open minded enough to read into what each other is saying , and not just get mad about the other guys comment? sometimes its good to listen.
Fontaine Racing

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » April 1st, 2007, 6:08 pm

Wow Joe,

Helping out the smaller teams??? I will never have to justify to you how much I have helped the smaller teams this year or years in the past. I will let those smaller teams speak for themselves. As far as the comment about my dad, I will let that go. I have been involved in the sport since I was born. That is what I have to stand on. You are right about only one thing though, I am not my dad. My dad finally put his hands in the air about USSA and their issues. I won't put my hands in the air. Something has to be done or you will be out on your 3 sleds racing against yourself.

And by the way JOE, not all drivers cheat in one way or another. Most drivers have a little integrity.
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » April 1st, 2007, 6:21 pm

Derek-

This IS the down years!!! You say that USSA is what has made oval racing that it is today? What is it today? Not too good. Just so you know, USSA is an organization. It has not always been run by the same people since it's founding.

*Now you have everybodies wives and buddies on the board. Whatever happened to getting some new blood in there. Not going to ever happen because everybody is happy with their own little USSA click. It doesn't take too much to get in that click, just know where your bread is buttered like the rest of the USSA diehards.
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

CoryEwingdeactivated

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros