Subscribe Today

WSA Championship Snowmobile Racing Feb 9-10 Forest Lake, MN

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » January 22nd, 2008, 8:04 am

Featured Ad:

I would like to invite all of you racing rubes out to the most exciting racing you'll ever see, February 9-10. Forest Lake, MN is hosting the WSA Championship in 2008. Come see the fastest snowmobile racers in the world drive 100+ MPH around a 1/2 mile oval on Big Forest Lake just off of HWY 35. Arctic Cat racer and 3-Time World Champion PJ Wanderscheid from Sauk Centre, MN and Ski-Doo's Brian Bewcyk from Winnipeg, MB, who just took home the coveted Eagle River World Championship will be there, as well as Polaris's Dustin Wahl from Greenbush, MN and Arctic Cat's Gary Moyle from Houghton, MI who is a 2-Time World Champ. Races will start at Noon each Saturday and Sunday. Both days will conclude with a 12 lap Final featuring the Best of the Best in Snowmobile Ice Racing. DON'T MISS OUT. Fun for the whole family with plenty of FOOD, BEER and FAST RACING ACTION that will leave you wanting more. Tickets available on-site. SEE YOU THERE!
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » February 6th, 2008, 4:57 am

Pro Champ Drivers:

Gary Moyle
Dustin Wahl
Brad Bettin
Matt Schulz
Brandon Johnson
Brian Bewcyk
Dan Fenhaus
Nick Van Strydonk
Brian Rydeen
Chris Broermann
Dustin LeFebvre
PJ Wanderscheid
Jay Ryden
Nick Dolezal
Malcolm Chartier

Great Field!!! Thanks for coming guys.
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby kenlacy » February 6th, 2008, 5:06 am

The F500 class has another $100 in contingency $$$ from Ocelco, Inc. for the winner of the Final. Fortunately for you guys I have to deal with a Hockey tournament. Now maybe the rest of ya actually have a shot at McCurty! :)
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby ice_racer_69 » February 6th, 2008, 5:30 am

What about Moyle? Gokey? Delahut? Kumrow? Bucholz?

And how bout all the stockers?? Behn? Beres? Duchene? Proite? Quetschke? Come on guys! Give it a try, WSA puts on a great show and respects all racers.

Forest Lake is just north of the Twin Cities Metro area, not to far from the MN-WI border and definitely worth the trip!
ice_racer_69

Postby watcher » February 6th, 2008, 6:37 am

Kumrow MotorSpors will be home putting there Limited 500 back together this weekend. Think we might have sold our Champ 440 too? But we will be at the Fire and Ice race February 16 - 17 Weyauwega, WI.

watcher
watcher

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » February 6th, 2008, 6:51 am

Bring the Champ to Forest Lake Terry. This is a big event for the future of our sport. Throw the sled in the back of the truck, we will let Derek run in Pro Champ for Semi-Pro cost. Can't beat it, that goes for any other USSA Semi-Pro Champ driver too. Come out to what is going to be a great event.

I will be down there tomorrow helping the guys grind and shave the track so it will feel as close to a man made track as possible.
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby ussa 172m » February 6th, 2008, 7:41 am

pat and pj duchene won t be able to come even thou only about 80 miles from home are budget is used up money doesnt keep up with expences. hope everyone has good time . pat duchene
172x
ussa 172m

Postby dezldave961 » February 6th, 2008, 7:51 am

I'll head up from Richfield hopefully at least to watch Sunday. (Gotta swap an engine in a buddy's GTP, but should only take a day between now and the races.)

If I'm coming up 35E, how would I get there? (97, Broadway, 8, ???) Pro-Ice didn't seem to note a landmark (horse track, etc).

EDIT - ah, I see it's on the lake, I'll just head that direction and look for signs.

- Dave
dezldave961

Postby Xtreme22 » February 6th, 2008, 8:17 am

Yes just head north on 35E or 35W when they merge into 35 go to the Forest Lake main exit "Broadway" go East. You will go threw 2 sets of lights the thrid set of lights is 61/Forest Blvd go straight threw those you will be able to see the track from the road there. Its gonna be right on the lake at the Public beach.
Nick Scheer
Xtreme22

Postby teambehnracing » February 6th, 2008, 11:15 am

Have a continuing education seminar to attend this weekend. Would have missed USSA race if they would of had one. Otherwise, we would be there for sure. I have really had fun this year racing the stock classes when everybody was there Joe F., Cale F., Mitch D., Nick D., Rob Q., Malcom C., P.J./Pat D., Shane F., Jake B., and others.
Good luck to all who attend
Dan Behn #78
teambehnracing

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros