Subscribe Today

Burke Falls results/updates??

Postby Sledted » February 3rd, 2008, 1:50 pm

Lavallee 4th. Hibbard was the last finisher. He was running his formula against the champs.House was knocked out in a collision with Pettinelli.He was very fast all weekend. Freeman was also out with a problem.I was just a spectator at the races ( I hope to field a team next year). Just trying to give you some results as best as I can remember. Hope I'm not causing to much confusion.
Ted McEwen
Sledted

Postby Schmidt57 » February 3rd, 2008, 1:58 pm

you're doing great don't worry about it. we're used to waiting a while anyways. are you hoping to field a champ team?
Schmidt57

Postby Sledted » February 3rd, 2008, 2:07 pm

2 friends of mine entered vintage sleds for the first time this weekend and will run the rest of the Ontario races. I hope to join them next year and add a formula. We may have 5 or more sleds in total.
Ted McEwen
Sledted

Postby Schmidt57 » February 3rd, 2008, 2:17 pm

so 4 vintage 1 formula 500?
Schmidt57

Postby Sledted » February 3rd, 2008, 2:23 pm

Thats what were looking at now. We need to gain some track time and experience before even thinking about a jump to Champ.Formula seems to be the next logical step.
Ted McEwen
Sledted

Postby Schmidt57 » February 3rd, 2008, 2:29 pm

so you're new to ovals?
Schmidt57

Postby Sledted » February 3rd, 2008, 2:37 pm

I raced ovals many years ago. Nothing real big. Just local circuits back when there were races everywhere every weekend. Never lost interest in it and may be able to help a kid who looks like he has some potential and maybe poke around on an old vintage myself.
Ted McEwen
Sledted

Postby Schmidt57 » February 3rd, 2008, 2:43 pm

that's the best thing to preserve this sport. there is a lot of competition in formula 500 and that's definitely the way to go as a building block to champ. are you looking to find a younger driver that's on the circuit already or bring someone into it?
Schmidt57

Postby Sledted » February 3rd, 2008, 2:59 pm

Probably go with the kid who raced the vintage this weekend. His first time racing a sled but he has quite a bit of experience racing other stuff and he did quite well. (2nd in his class- with 7 entries). He also ran above his class in a couple races and did ok despite being underpowered. He should have another sled by Eganville and we'll see how thins go. We're all from the Burks Falls area and the races here have a number of people thinking about getting involved.(Including some who race snowcross but think ovals may be more fun)
Ted McEwen
Sledted

Postby Petawawarace » February 3rd, 2008, 4:04 pm

Champ Final was

1. Smith (won Saturday also)
2. DeJong
3. Pentinelli
4. Lavallee

Craig House led the first few laps before Jason Smith got around him. House was slowing (engine) before Pentinelli and him got together.

Pro-Formula 500 final was

1.R Verekyn
2.Hibby aka the New Hamshire Flash
3. Ben Harris
4. Serge Oulett

I talked to Mike just before he left this afternoon and he was in some pretty bad pain, but was alright. Broken collar bone and tore some muscles up pretty good.

The track was prepared very well, and didn't get too rough for the 15 lap final.
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros