Subscribe Today

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » February 15th, 2008, 4:55 am

#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby Fontaine Racing » February 15th, 2008, 6:51 am

in my eyes that is a perfect schedule!
and I count 5 USSA races, Isn't that the same as this year for them?

come on you guys, do what's best for the sport! lets all work together and make this happen! PLEASE
Fontaine Racing

Postby kenlacy » February 15th, 2008, 7:05 am

I promise to try and not use any more ported cylinders and shaved heads in the F500 class. That should save your tech guys some work! No need for thanks, I am just doing my part!

Seriously though - as a newcomer and while I run mostly Pro-Ice - my first race was a mechanics race in Ontanogon and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I would have likely never got into this sport if it wasn't for Jerry Korinek and USSA having mechanics races. Something I was hoping Pro-Ice would think about as I have some friends who are helping me now that I could see enjoying the sport as well if I could just get em out competing. Just a thought.

I guess my point is - both Org's seem to have a lot of good in them - if they joined together I would imagine even more good would come of it.

I have also began to work a little on sponsorship for a friends team next year - the fact that I can point the potential sponsors to the TV now - is huge. Something the drivers/team owners from both circuits could capitalize on if they came together.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » February 15th, 2008, 11:04 am

#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby mbenoy119 » February 15th, 2008, 2:16 pm

would you have recipricol memberships so USSA members can race WSA events and vice versa?
mbenoy119

Postby 124blizzard » February 15th, 2008, 3:21 pm

What about Valcourt - you western "boys" seem to "forget" that Valcourt is HUGE.
Brian
blizzard
124blizzard

Postby 124blizzard » February 15th, 2008, 3:24 pm

And one more thing...Cory, your posts' seem to "drag" on a bit too much.
P.S. - Do you have scrambled eggs on your shoulders?? :)
Brian
blizzard
124blizzard

Postby ZR PILOT » February 18th, 2008, 5:36 am

I think this is a great idea!! That would be a "perfect world" scenario. Good idea to take the best tracks from each sanctioning body. I too hope all can get together to make something like this happen!! It's a lot of races - but people can choose either race or take a weekend off. Good idea Cory - this is what the MidWest needs to keep ice oval racing going!!
A fan of snowmobile oval racing!! ;)
ZR PILOT

Postby mbenoy119 » February 18th, 2008, 9:05 am

[quote=mbenoy119]would you have recipricol memberships so USSA members can race WSA events and vice versa?[/quote]

Anyone?
mbenoy119

Postby that 31 car » February 18th, 2008, 2:55 pm

Mike:
Speaking with consultation from our President, and acting as our race Director, USSA could not operate with reciprical memberships, quite frankly we need our individual memberships to operate. I may be speaking out of turn, but I ASSUME Wally would need his membership revenue also.
If a series were to be formed, a driver would need to be a member of each association hosting the series as I see it.
I have posted this as my personal opinion, along with the feelings of several of our board. If anyone feels they differ on the thoughts, we would be interested to hear them. BUT, only if you sign your name. Comments anyone?
Jerold Korinek
USSA
that 31 car

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros