Subscribe Today

J.V. Canadian Power Tobbogan Championship

Postby Sledted » February 20th, 2008, 1:24 am

The EPT already leaves Eagle River weekend open. Why should they keep steping aside for everyone else instead of building their own tour?
Ted McEwen
Sledted

Postby Petawawarace » February 20th, 2008, 2:02 am

There might be one or two teams that would make the 30+ hour trip to BJ. The rest of us would be sitting at home twiddling our thumbs wishing we were racing. We would rather be out racing instead of driving the rig. Not to mention the fact that we have another race the following weekend. We already left both the Vintage Weekend at ER and the Championship Weekend open on the schedule this year, and then both groups went and had a race the same weekend as Valcourt. I doubt we will have both ER weekends free next year.

PS. Valcourt this year was a whole new place. The promoters listened to the drivers from the meetings last year and it fantastic. I was the first one to say it was unsafe in years past, but this year it was Safe (or as Safe as Ice racing can be) Not a single injury on the sleds. Great Job guys, and thanks to the midwest guys that did make the trip!!
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby racer43 » February 20th, 2008, 2:30 am

Jeff, I do agree with you that Valcourt could probably be left as a weekend off in the midwest. Even with the races in the midwest there was pretty good representation. If I remember correct I think the top 5 were from the midwest and 6-9 were EPT regulars.
racer43

Postby ApexRocker » February 20th, 2008, 6:49 am

I think you just gave us ALL the answer 43, why would they make the trip when they will have to face the 5 who they couldn't touch in Valcourt plus about 7 or 8 more that they can't touch here? Other than Jacques (if he's healthy) it would be a huge risk for one of those drivers to come to CPTC and be at risk of not making the final. I can't say I blame them.
Silly little 2-Strokes don't stand a chance against the ApexRocker!

[COLOR=#0000ff]Go Team Blue![/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/ApexRocker/img_buemangroup3.jpg[/IMG]
ApexRocker

Postby Petawawarace » February 20th, 2008, 7:28 am

[quote=ApexRocker]I think you just gave us ALL the answer 43, why would they make the trip when they will have to face the 5 who they couldn't touch in Valcourt plus about 7 or 8 more that they can't touch here? Other than Jacques (if he's healthy) it would be a huge risk for one of those drivers to come to CPTC and be at risk of not making the final. I can't say I blame them.[/quote]

Larry Day beat both Brandon Johnson and Bewcyk in a heat race Saturday, Finished just behind Dustin and Brian in the Final Saturday and was running second in a heat behind Dustin when He crashed Sunday

Jason Lavallee found his speed at the end of the weekend and was running second or third when a motor let go in the Final Sunday. Please get your facts straight before you say that the guys from the East cannot touch anyone from the West. As the old saying goes, "Its better to let people assume your an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby ApexRocker » February 20th, 2008, 7:41 am

You see, I go in assuming that people KNOW I'm an idiot. Just trying to get some more drivers to the best racing venue in all of Ice Oval Racing...PERIOD! I figured the "it's OK if you're scared" tactic that worked so well for me in 3rd grade might do the trick. Don't get all wound up on me! Sheesh
Silly little 2-Strokes don't stand a chance against the ApexRocker!

[COLOR=#0000ff]Go Team Blue![/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/ApexRocker/img_buemangroup3.jpg[/IMG]
ApexRocker

Postby 440Mod » February 20th, 2008, 8:27 am

Sorry guys, I didn't me to start a war about East vs West.

I just thought maybe Jacques would like to try for another Canadian Championship.

I realize it is a long trip.

Wayne
440Mod

Postby Schmidt57 » February 20th, 2008, 11:01 am

440Mod you didn't start it but apexrocker might have.
look at the differences between east and west.
for one money:
most of the drivers out east in champ pay for everything out their pocket. only jeff dejong, and who jason smith have good sponsorship. tony pettinelli built 3 champs through loans(technically out of his own pocket) and money out of his own pocket. larry day and jacques villeneuve that see it as if you're not in first you might as well be in the bales and that's something this sport needs exciting drivers. i'm not trying to start anything but look at the facts and the equipment before you speak apexrocker. and last time i checked eagle river was the top race venue
Schmidt57

Postby OvalsareFAST » February 21st, 2008, 2:24 am

[quote=Schmidt57]440Mod larry day and jacques villeneuve that see it as if you're not in first you might as well be in the bales and that's something this sport needs exciting drivers.[/quote]

Yes to some it might lead for exciting racing to watch to see guys pile into the bales, but for the drivers on the track with them sorry but this mentality is DANGEROUS>
OvalsareFAST

Previous

Return to Ovals & Enduros