Subscribe Today

ATTENTION STOCK 500 DRIVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby 1p48 » January 5th, 2009, 12:28 am

GUYS WE NEED TO SHOW UP IF WE WANT TO SAVE THIS CLASS PLAIN AND SIMPLE!! was in amherst this weekend and only me and the starnes # 133 were signed up to race. this is not exceptable. i know there has to be a ton of sleds out there set up for ovals. guys please come and race them. was talkin 2 officals this weekend and were saying class is pretty much dead if we do not show up, 2 entries is not enough to make class run so we need all support we can to save stock racing. this is our last chance i feel and if we dont pick it up in the next month, we r finished!!!!!! - matt ( proite racing )
1p48

Postby watcher » January 5th, 2009, 3:44 am

I totally understand, no Pj #172 this weekend and would have gave you 3 and Rob #131 hang it up this year that would have been 4. the sad part of this is that you can build a better handling machine and cheaper cost wise a Limited 500 then you can in stock class. Derek work hard to get his sled to turn in the corners had good speed, great hole shot, but everyone or at least most could pass him clean in the corners. i know of two great limited chassies for sale. talk with Powers or Brown.

watcher
watcher

Postby kenlacy » January 5th, 2009, 4:10 am

Not trying to start anything, I am fairly new to all of this, but what is the big advantage of Stock 500 over Formula 500? I keep looking at the east coast and they have done so good with the F500 class running pro and amatuer - tons of entries and cheap to run.

I am just curious.

Ken
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby Hoglund Racing » January 5th, 2009, 5:12 am

In the long run, you are right, it will probably be better Ken.

I think Matt is just trying to preserve a Class that he has made a substantial investment in for this year. The Stock Classes have taken a bigger hit then even I thought they would this winter. Not good for those who are still involved and have spent a lot of money on the sled, memberships, entries, etc.
www.HOGLUNDRACING.com
Hoglund Racing

Postby rathke13 » January 5th, 2009, 6:44 am

well i was planning on showing at wausau, fountain city, forest lake and maybe superior and garrison BUT..if i'm only going to be going to race 1 or 2 people i would rather not waste my time or money and perhaps just be a spectator?
Who else are potentials for these races?

-Ashley Rathke-
rathke13

Postby ussa 172m » January 5th, 2009, 7:00 am

sorry we were nt at amhiest funding very short this year hope to be at plymouth. how many were in limitied 500.thanks pat duchene
172x
ussa 172m

Postby drivergus » January 5th, 2009, 7:16 am

I was told 6 entries in limited 500.
Dan Bishop
drivergus

Postby 1p48 » January 5th, 2009, 7:29 am

in replying to all posts so far,there were 6 in limited 500 at amherst and will probably be more in plymoth this weekend, im going to run that class as well so 7, to ashely, still come to other events as i will be there and by the way, FOUNTAIN CITY IS CANCELLED DUE TO THE SELLING OF THE TRACK LATE THIS YEAR!!! and to the other posts, i do have a substantial investment in this class but cant seem to understand why no one is running it?? i know its a pretty fast class but that cant be the reason. i know there are alot of stock machines set up for ovals out there but it just seems like know one is running them, i just dont get it???
1p48

Postby Fontaine Racing » January 5th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Matt
I understand your frustrations! we have a very good piece to race in this class that is sitting under the cover in the storage shed.
we were very fortunate to get some help from some great people this year!
if anyone is intrested, we would take any resonable offers on this machine just to get it back on the race track,( and get us some money to keep racing). unfortunately with the times as they are we dont have high expectations on moving this little sweety.
I think our sport is going more on the positive side from what I have seen this season! but many of us are self employed construction people, and no BS.we are all hurting financially. hopefully we will all make it through this? and things will only continue to get better?
so lets all try to make the best of what we have going, and I believe it will only get better. I am pretty sure you will see some more 500s coming out soon?
and dont forget about that one we have for sale!
Fontaine Racing

Postby mbenoy119 » January 5th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Doug, I have a driver for it! :)
mbenoy119

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros