limited500

Postby bobbygasser216 » January 29th, 2009, 2:18 am

I E-mailed him and havn't heard back
bobbygasser
bobbygasser216

limited500

Postby Xtreme22 » January 29th, 2009, 4:57 am

Pat,

yes we feel the same way you do here, a hood isnt going to give anyone a advantage in "performance". More sleds on the track make it better for the racers and fans. So Bobby come on out to Forest Lake and race

Bobby,
Who did u email??? me or wally mail me nick@scheermadness.com also Pat cory ewing said you had ? for us also email me also at that address with it
Nick Scheer
Xtreme22

limited500

Postby ussa 172m » January 29th, 2009, 9:02 am

nick i p m ed you with some questions .thanks pat d
172x
ussa 172m

limited500

Postby bobbygasser216 » January 29th, 2009, 9:33 am

Nick,
I e-mailed Wally, but I got the answer so no need for him to get back to me. It will be a fun weekend running Sprortsman600/800 and Lim.500, we'll be plenty busy and have our hands full that's for sure. I just hope the sled is gonna hold up. I've got about 4 hrs on it so far and its working realy good. I'm stoked! just need to fine tune the cluching and carbs a bit, and I'll be set.

Thanks Guys!
bobbygasser
bobbygasser216

limited500

Postby mbenoy119 » January 29th, 2009, 12:01 pm

Good deal Bobby, we'll see you there!
mbenoy119

limited500

Postby that 31 car » January 29th, 2009, 4:30 pm

Bobby: When you posed the question on the USSA web site you asked if the sled was legal for Sportsman 600. I replied it was not, due to the 04 Pro x engine in the 1995 chassis. The engine is too new for Sportsman competition, and is not in the original chassis. The hood discussion never came up, and in Sportsman the hood would be legal, but not the engine package. Plus you stated that you had made changes to the engine, so that it is no longer in stock trim, thus it wouldn't be legal for Limited. If Wally let's you run, fine with me, but tell the story as it was presented to me, not the abridged version, OK?
that 31 car

limited500

Postby bobbygasser216 » January 30th, 2009, 2:51 am

[quote=that 31 car]Bobby: When you posed the question on the USSA web site you asked if the sled was legal for Sportsman 600. I replied it was not, due to the 04 Pro x engine in the 1995 chassis. The engine is too new for Sportsman competition, and is not in the original chassis. The hood discussion never came up, and in Sportsman the hood would be legal, but not the engine package. Plus you stated that you had made changes to the engine, so that it is no longer in stock trim, thus it wouldn't be legal for Limited. If Wally let's you run, fine with me, but tell the story as it was presented to me, not the abridged version, OK?[/quote]
When I asked you the question, it was pertaining to Sportsman not Limited. I think I asked you a while back about limited and you said it wouldn't be leagal for limited because of the hood year not being currant. I did put the stock head back on it now so now it is stock.
bobbygasser
bobbygasser216

limited500

Postby OvalsareFAST » January 30th, 2009, 5:20 am

And we wonder why the numbers in oval racing are going down, Christ there is a new person that wants to race in a "specality" class, he has a sled that "mostly" fits into the rules. Let him race dont chase him away, if the other drivers in the class at the race that weekend dont have a problem with it why should spectators/circui care after all the only people that would be effected by it are racers he is racing against, and if he blows away the other racers than maybe look into his sled. But for now ovals needs more racers, lets welcome them for taking the time to want to get into it.

Bobby GO GET EM
OvalsareFAST

limited500

Postby Hoglund Racing » January 30th, 2009, 6:45 am

[quote=that 31 car]Bobby: When you posed the question on the USSA web site you asked if the sled was legal for Sportsman 600. I replied it was not, due to the 04 Pro x engine in the 1995 chassis. The engine is too new for Sportsman competition, and is not in the original chassis. The hood discussion never came up, and in Sportsman the hood would be legal, but not the engine package. Plus you stated that you had made changes to the engine, so that it is no longer in stock trim, thus it wouldn't be legal for Limited. If Wally let's you run, fine with me, but tell the story as it was presented to me, not the abridged version, OK?[/quote]

I am with Jerry here....if the sled does not meet the rules exactly, I would still let him RUN, but I wouldn't allow him to place until he gets the machine is in line with the rules. None of this "let it slide" stuff....because that turns people away too. Neither USSA or WSA wants to turn anyone away. Glad you are coming to Forest Lake Bobby.
www.HOGLUNDRACING.com
Hoglund Racing

limited500

Postby mbenoy119 » January 30th, 2009, 7:20 am

I agree with you there also Cory, rules are there for a reason and we need to keep as level a playing field as possible. We also want to welcome people like Bobby into the sport and need to work with him to get him where he needs to be. Sounds like he has addressed the motor work issue so he will be legal on that end of things. If limited 500 works out for him, it isn't a big deal at all to update the hood style to something newer. In fact, I have an edge pan laying here that I would give to him.

New racers are the life blood of all forms of racing, especially right now. I'm glad that both USSA and WSA realize this.
mbenoy119

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros