Subscribe Today

New Oval Circuit?

New Oval Circuit?

Postby kenlacy » October 22nd, 2009, 9:41 am

Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

New Oval Circuit?

Postby JAKKD 22 » October 22nd, 2009, 3:35 pm

RH Racing (Cory) and Older Wiser (Todd) Hi,
I need to send some straight up facts your way! As you know Doug, and Brian have been attending and racing at USSA and WSA Oval races for many years. You also need to know, they have spent countless hours and time on the road for the last few years promoting oval racing. Im talking winter,spring,summer and fall. they have attended more shows and places than anyone of us could dream of, without anyone asking or telling them too! On their own dollar, Promoting Oval Racing! They decided to call it the Oval Racers Alliance. They are way to humble to come here and say any of this so I will do it for them. I will tell you 100% (because I was around them for a good part of it)they did not start this for their own benefit! They certainly did not do it to start their own circuit. Honestly! They have been the ones that have been approached by upstanding people like Robert Hoglund and Mike Benoy! Those two could have their own paragraph here also for the contributions they have made to this sport, but we'll do that later! Again, over the years Brian and Doug have been the ones waving the oval racing flag for us. Is it so wrong they were approached while on the road promoting oval racing to hold some of their own races. They were approached and offered an opportunity! Great for us oval racers! I can tell you personally I have heard both Brian and Doug say they were not out to hurt WSA or any other circuit. With all of Brian and Doug's hard work, us oval racers win!

Mark
JAKKD 22

New Oval Circuit?

Postby outlaww44 » October 22nd, 2009, 4:34 pm

Just to clear the air. Everyone on here thinks i am the guy running my mouth and hiding on here. So just to let everyone know i just registered to be on here.
outlaww44

New Oval Circuit?

Postby #931 » October 23rd, 2009, 6:39 pm

Here is my two cents. First of all good luck to any circuit. When I started oval racing ( have since quit) in the early 2000's I raced with WSA and there were races very locally within a couple of hours of the twin cities. For whatever reason those sites went away and the new sites got pushed out farther, which is one of the reasons I quit. You will always spend more on a oval sled than it will ever be worth, so a cost savings is to bring the races back closer. One of my favorite tracks was CTPC but holy balls the gas money, almost a week off to do the race,and the border crossing regulations, but it is a great place to race. Pros will always want to run for the big money and storied race glory ( Eagle river etc... ). I don't think anyone will ever be able to sit back and retire counting their millions of dollars earned, spent maybe. When I raced the name of the circuit didn't matter to me I just wanted to race. If I got back into it tomorrow the closer races would get my attendance. To grow the sport you need new blood and close races may do it because in my opinion the farther you have to travel the harder it is to justify money spent because it drives the cost up that much more. When you can leave home early sat. morning and get home late sunday night and still make to to work friday and monday makes a big difference in the pocket book. I think that if everyone focused on there own corner and tried to make it strong and stayed out of the others corners it may help. Some people will have enough cash to go where ever they wish like most pros do, but the lower classes just want to have a safe place to let it hang out and have some fun. The sport doesn't start with the pros it ends there and to grow you have to start at the bottom. One thing that burned me was when the sportsman class started and then there was lobby for newer sleds each year to be added to the class, well that just means that it was only a matter of time before you were out machined by motor technology. Then came F500 which took from the sportsman class even more when that sled fit in sportsman. Sportsman was a great idea because you could pick up a cheap sled and work it into shape cheaper the any thing else and this is where it should start. You will always have some that will move through the ranks and then you will have some that just want to keep it low key and I think that gets lost in some of the talks for the bettering of the sport. If anyone was offended by my words it wasn't meant that way, and this was just my opinion from being in and out of the sport. Good luck to all and be safe.

New Oval Circuit?

Postby JAKKD 22 » October 24th, 2009, 9:26 am

Well stated Brad! Hope to see you and dad at the race track (no matter what the circuit is called!) Hope all is well with you guys

Mark
JAKKD 22

New Oval Circuit?

Postby Catgirl29 » October 27th, 2009, 4:58 am

Its nice to see you on here finally outlaww44
Jason
Catgirl29

Previous

Return to Ovals & Enduros