Subscribe Today

Champ Racing(Time For A Change)

Postby 2tracksnflatout » December 20th, 2010, 2:00 pm

2tracksnflatout

Postby PDRacing » December 20th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Wow, No Names, bashing, real pro group !!

How the hell is Half down for a purchase out of line?

If I was putting together a Professional Series,

I would be asking if you can't afford $10,000 in a Pro Race budget your not ready for the Series.

And Petawawha , The fact this firm has have big visions overall is inspiring for the sport.

I for one hope to Hell Shawn Pulls this off.

Cheers,
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby skeptical » December 20th, 2010, 3:31 pm

shawn you are asking racers to hand 10K over to a group with no history. thats all I am saying...10K is alot to some of these guys.

I would say that FEAR is the word that would best describe how the ambassadors of champ feel right now, you keep forgetting that the true elders of the sport are not so much the drivers but the team owners and sanctioning groups that have hung in there when the NORMAL cycles of the sport come and go. Folks like mike houle, larry rugland, the wahl bros, H.Gifford, John Hooper, USSA, now there is a group who has seen it all...the list goes on and on, they are fearful that all the hard work they have done to STABILIZE oval racing could be tragically wiped out, and believe me when I say, what you are proposing is very very DESTABILIZING. The fact that the W.C. is changing to your program in 2012 is very DESTABILIZING, the fact that one group hold the keys to every aspect of the sport is DESTABILIZING. it goes on and on, so I guess you are right when you say we(the skeptics)are a little fearful respectfully.

you say "we are just trying to start a new f1 series" as though it wont affect any one else is disrespectful to those who ARE here now. the new series will divide and kill champ racing, and that is a sad sad deal

sincerely no name
skeptical

Postby PDRacing » December 20th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Skeptical,

You made a good point.

If you can't afford the 10K then you probably won't meet the proposed series overall standards.

If this materializes it will be a Class to aspire too.

Like any business venture, No Guts no Glory!
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby Ovals Forever » December 20th, 2010, 4:22 pm

Like I said before, the Deckers hold the key, if they do change it and have any brains at all they will let the champs run with them at least at E.R., othrwise this will be a craps shoot and if the F1 deal comes up craps it will be all over for modern oval racing because the very class that was keeping it together will be gone.

By the way I called the Super 8 in Eagle River last night to see if they had any rooms for the Derby, they had a couple left so I got one, then for the heck of it I asked her if they had any rooms for the vintage weekend, she told me oh no we have had that weekend sold out for a while now.

As I hung up the phone I thought about it for awhile and thought isn't that funny all this talk about getting big money for the sport, big sponsers, sleds that have more room for sponsers, trying to get the factories involved, basiclly money, money, money and here we have the vintage guys with none of that, they don't even have the latest and greatest but they have the most sleds at the races by far, the IFS 440's are within 7 mph of the champs and now they must be drawing more fans.

Has anyone thought about what they must be doing right to grow the way they are?

If I owned a TV station, I know what weekend I would bring the cameras to, and I would bet my money that it would be a bigger draw then the F1's or the Champs.

You never see them on here wineing, complaining, bashing, or trying to step on anyones feet, nope they are just to busy having fun.

I think that is the one thing they do best, have fun.

Last year they had over 800 entries, from all over the US, Canada, and Alaska, when was the last time the modern weekend had that many?
Ovals Forever

Postby motowrecker121 » December 20th, 2010, 4:31 pm

Vintage racing is a lot of fun plain and simple. I have been going to Eagle River from Connecticut for the past 5 years for vintage weekend. Last year we 850 entries and ran 106 heats in 1 day.

I cant wait for this new series to take off, I think it could be really good for ALL of oval racing.

Beleive me certain vintage class's are getting damn near close money wise to what some champ guys are spending. the IFS sno pro class's which I run you are spending well over 10,000 for a competitive sled.

Ben
motowrecker121

Postby Ovals Forever » December 20th, 2010, 4:34 pm

The Champ's are $30,000 plus, and the funny thing is they are only about 7 mph faster. "440's that is" even at B.J. I seen it with my own eyes.
Ovals Forever

Postby motowrecker121 » December 20th, 2010, 4:46 pm

[quote=Ovals Forever]The Champ's are $30,000 plus, and the funny thing is they are only about 7 mph faster. "440's that is" even at B.J. I seen it with my own eyes.[/quote]

I though I heard last year at ER the 440 champs were only like .20 sec faster than the 440 vintage sno pro's. dont know if it was true or not but that is what i had heard.
motowrecker121

Postby Ovals Forever » December 20th, 2010, 5:19 pm

It is very possable, there isn't that much differance, makes you wonder why they are spending an extra $20,000 for a couple mph.
Ovals Forever

Postby motowrecker121 » December 20th, 2010, 5:24 pm

[quote=Ovals Forever]It is very possable, there isn't that much differance, makes you wonder why they are spending an extra $20,000 for a couple mph.[/quote]

I couldnt tell you why. I am putting together an old skidoo champ sled right now it is way under what a champ cost but i think you can still be competitive with it hopefully. if not i can run it with the vintage group in NY.

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p207/motowrecker121/IMG_0322.jpg[/IMG]
motowrecker121

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros