Subscribe Today

Todd Achterberg or Chuck Decker

Postby snowmachiner » December 19th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Is F1 going to be the WC class at the Derby in 2012?
snowmachiner

Postby tuner78 » December 20th, 2010, 2:19 am

I don't know about the rest of you, but the responce to the question presented above could be a pivotal point in my future involvement as a chassis designer and crew chief. Not by choice mind you but by the simple fact that I may have wasted about 5 years worth of time, effort & money on what may become a worthless piece of******in about a year. Oh well, at least I can say that I've made some great friends & for that I am greatfull - That will never change!
WINNERS:
Show up prepared
Are never intimidated
Don't give up
Are professional
Keep the faith

[b]Team Behn Racing[/b]Tuner78
tuner78

Postby snowmachiner » December 20th, 2010, 4:01 am

That's the million dollar question isn't it? I think some of these teams deserve an answer now so they can determine what they are going to do even this year. I believe there are some current, prominent race teams who will re-think their decision on going to Eagle River this year depending on the answer to that question
snowmachiner

Postby Flatout » December 20th, 2010, 3:59 pm

I think the better question is, " If the 2012 WC is handed to the Twintrack class (we can't call it F1 since the sleds do not follow F1 rules) What champ teams will switch to twintracks under the proposed plan?" I have talked to a lot of top teams that quite frankly will pull out of racing if this scheme is put in place. No one wants to take a demotion. The 2012 WC may be easy to make the final with only 11 sleds entered! That is the official number of confirmed sleds sold as of today as per mr2tracks. I question the number though because in my count I have 4 confirmed and 3 maybes. ?
Flatout

Postby PDRacing » December 20th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Howie,

No disrespect, since your one of the few guys that has truly helped me.

Does it really matter about WC.

Any Class that is Won at WC Not "WORLD CHAMPION" ?

From SCM, When Tony won Vintage he was World Champion, when Clark Won 500 he was World Champion.

So there will be Champ 440 World Champ and F1 World Champ.

So how does it really affect the class?
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby Corey C » December 20th, 2010, 4:40 pm

[quote=snowmachiner]Is F1 going to be the WC class at the Derby in 2012?[/quote]

Anybody answer yet?
Corey C

Postby kenlacy » December 20th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Maybe this will put it into perspective. Say Nascar brings back IROC and they are going to run the Daytona 500. They move Cup to morning and run IROC primetime and move a majority of the prize money to IROC. Do you think the CUP teams would be happy? Do you think their sponsors would be happy?
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby ZR PILOT » December 20th, 2010, 4:44 pm

I would be very surprised if there are more than 6-8 twin tracks......if this guy's fantasy becomes reality......which I highly doubt!! Maybe this idea is just a decoy to get the 3 Manufacturers that are in Champ to step up and support Champ!?!? Because if the twin track idea goes through (which it won't).....there would be only one Manufacturer powerplant in those sleds. The other 2 brands (odd men out) WILL NOT allow that to happen.....to not be out in front of the consumer on race day! If the guy behind this is actually trying to create a diversion to get the 3 Manufacturers to support oval racing and Champ 440.....then we should commend that plan!
A fan of snowmobile oval racing!! ;)
ZR PILOT

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » December 20th, 2010, 4:53 pm

Come on let's get real, you really think some people are going to sit out Eagle River this year over this.

For one there's not even a schedule of races out for the 2012 season by anyone, even the new so called Series of F-1'S. It doesn't matter if one sled has been sold or thirty for that matter, the news will come after the unveiling. If Mr. Thompson delivers six or seven races the first year, with a larger purse then what's being paid out in Champ at this time he may see his class become the top class, until then it's only an untested concept. Time will tell what happens, and your only going to have to wait three weeks to see how much interest the concept brings out of the woodworks so to speak.

I will say I think your going to see a new sled out on the track this January in Eagle and it won't just be an old Ski-Doo F-1 of old. There will be changes from the twin tracker of the past, if he uses some of the things that have came about because of Champ class, his Twin Tracker could be a REAL WINNER! There have been lots of improvements made since the mid 1990's, if he chooses to use them on this new sled.

On the same token if I had a Champ sled, I wouldn't be putting it in the classifieds just yet either, nothings a done deal till it hits the track so to speak. We're far from that with this deal at this time

ZR his sled is not coming with a motor from one of the manufactures, none of them will have involvement with anything except branding if they so decide to go that way. In other terms showing there colors, just like a billboard.
Spy-Guy 74

Postby that 31 car » December 20th, 2010, 5:06 pm

ZR: the motor is proprietary. It is a design that belongs to a a individual motor builder, and is not a factory engine from anyone.
Seen the prototype, yes it needed further development, but it is real.
that 31 car

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros