Subscribe Today

Truly New & Exciting

Truly New & Exciting

Postby proton » February 9th, 2011, 10:53 am

What HP range are you shooting for...would this pipe be a single or twin pipes.
proton

Truly New & Exciting

Postby WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF » February 9th, 2011, 11:40 am

You were giving Shawn Thompson are hard time! I will tell you a little about Shawn when he was racing he did manage to get backing from Esso as a sponsor! I personally don't think the new twin will ever get off the ground but I would not bad mouth his efforts for trying something. Something needs to be done about the premier class, the amount of entree's are falling and unless you have a premier event the racing is not as Competive as I would like to see. For your info I believe Dave Whal does hold the track record on a 340 twin, but since those days Chuck Decker has lengthen the first corner. That's what he told me when I flagged his event in the 90's when the gulf war started. David
DAVID RIEMENSCHNEIDER
WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF

Truly New & Exciting

Postby Flatout » February 9th, 2011, 12:57 pm

When will we see a draft set of rules?
Flatout

Truly New & Exciting

Postby Ovals Forever » February 9th, 2011, 5:04 pm

I would love to see a full field of twin trackers to, but I agree with you, I don't think it will happen either, and don't you think that most people that are against the F1 deal are against it mainly because of the way he approached it? I mean he made alot of people mad right out of the gate.

Any way, let's just leave Shawn alone and see what he comes up with, and like I said I am not in any way against watching a field of F1's again if he can make it happen, and if he makes it work more power to him, and I will be the first one to thank him.

I think you are right about Dave Wahl being the track record holder on his F1.
Ovals Forever

Truly New & Exciting

Postby jhooper/HRE » February 10th, 2011, 1:17 am

Dave, You are mostly correct, the race track was quite a bit shorter on the "turn one" end but I am pretty sure Dave used a 440 twin track that was not very much heavier than our Champs to set the record.
jhooper/HRE

Truly New & Exciting

Postby jhooper/HRE » February 10th, 2011, 1:34 am

Proton,
These engines will probably make 120-130 hp @ around 9500 rpm. We want twin pipes that are kinda old school with a wide power band that is easy to clutch and forgiving to different cyl porting and compression.
The current pipe technology is capable of producing a lot more power but if you are off just a little on timing, compression, cyl. porting or jetting you either burn down or you are a turtle. We want reliable engines that are easy to tune and be competitive with. If we start going a little faster than needed on certain tracks we will supply restrictor plates to go in front of the stock flatslides, it's simple and cheap.
To put on a great show does not require "out of control speed", we simply need to have tight racing and slightly slower speeds usually means tighter racing.
I hope to have a "rough draft" of rules up on my website soon, I don't know if these threads allow enough space to put everything up here. John H.
jhooper/HRE

Truly New & Exciting

Postby PDRacing » February 10th, 2011, 1:39 am

[quote=jhooper/HRE]Proton,
We want reliable engines that are easy to tune and be competitive with. If we start going a little faster than needed on certain tracks we will supply restrictor plates to go in front of the stock flatslides, it's simple and cheap.
To put on a great show does not require "out of control speed", we simply need to have tight racing and slightly slower speeds usually means tighter racing.
John H.[/quote]

Isn't that Basically that's what you have with Formula 500 ?
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Truly New & Exciting

Postby jhooper/HRE » February 10th, 2011, 2:05 am

Richard,
You are correct, I am trying to use the same general model that has worked so well in F500, these "OUTLAW 600's" will just be faster and more exotic to attract a different breed of racer. So far I have had a better response than expected, quite a few retired racers are also interested in driving one of these. John H.
jhooper/HRE

Truly New & Exciting

Postby PDRacing » February 10th, 2011, 2:32 am

John,

No Doubt Formula 500 worked/great success.

Personally I think it's the most fun class to watch race. Close, lots of bumping and grinding etc. A little more exotic would be great and sounds new and different.

But if I can throw in my CDN 2 cents worth (Now Par with USA)

Along with all these building guide lines for a complete package you need,

1) A Marketing Advertising Outline for the potential Advertisers / Sponsors

2)A Marketing Guide Line and Organization support for the Teams.

3) A professional publication outlining the Series and the teams and the Venues.

4) Regional / National Advertising program.

5) And a really Identifying Logo for Race vehicle it's self.

If feel if you added this to any class, for example Formula 500, it would be the Premier Class.

McDonald's sells Hamburgers. lot's of people make better Hamburger's. It's how the package is presented and marketed that makes it successful as a business venture.

Cheers,
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Truly New & Exciting

Postby jhooper/HRE » February 10th, 2011, 2:43 am

Good points, does this mean you are volunteering to be the promotional guy for OUTLAW 600 in Canada??:)
It's kinda ironic that you mention F500 becoming the premier class, I know this is being considered, there is no doubt we would have 50+ F500's @ Eagle if it was the w.c. class and the entire 36 sled field would be seperated by less than a second.
I know that the guys in Beasejour are considering advertising a large purse for F500 {maybe $1000 to win} to entice some eastern guys to band together and make the trip. John H.
jhooper/HRE

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros