Subscribe Today

Outlaw 600 - Progress Thread - HRE

Postby jhooper/HRE » September 21st, 2011, 1:21 am

The new pics are there, you may need to hit refresh to get them to come up.
If anyone knows of reasonably priced 03-07 skidoo 600ho engines let me know. I think average price for the complete engine with ignition and carbs is around $1500 or $1000 for bare engine.
The 2000-05 64mm stroke 600 Polaris seems to be slightly cheaper and easier to find.
The 04-08 Arctic 600 carbed model is rare but the efi model is not too hard to find for around $1000 for the bare engine and will cost $400-$500 to fit new ignition and carbs. John H
jhooper/HRE

Postby Wausau 525 » September 21st, 2011, 3:55 pm

If you're going to find yourself in the Wausau area Oct 1-2, stop by the Wausau 525 tent at the Wausau Grass Drags to see the Outlaw 600 along with numerous race machines, and representation from Wausau, Portage County Ice Wars and Weyauwega. You can register to win a Central Wisconsin Triple Crown Super Ticket package with tickets to all three races!
Hope to see you there!!
Chris Briquelet
Director
Wausau 525 Snowmobile Championship
Wausau 525 Group, Inc.
trackside@wausau525.com
Wausau 525

Postby mega man » September 24th, 2011, 3:08 am

Need to contact jhooper and he doesn't accept PM's. John, if you could PM me with your info that would be great.
Get real, get Mopar
mega man

Postby jhooper/HRE » September 24th, 2011, 3:39 am

You can call me 603-863-0049
jhooper/HRE

Postby tp176 » September 25th, 2011, 1:24 am

Quick updates from TRC:

The first of the sold TRC Outlaw 600's was delivered (picked up) yesterday by a NEW racer from IL.

We have three more being built right now with two of them spoken for. From order to completion is about 2-3 weeks right now. The third one is available for purchase. We will be starting 2 more as soon as we near completion of these.

We also have the billet gear boxes proven out and in production. John is just about ready with the castings, according to my last conversation with him.

Intermediate shafts are 3-5 weeks out right now. We are trying to get them ready sooner.

[img]http://pws.prserv.net/usdelnet.apettin/0925110816a.jpg height=100 width=200[/img]

Tony P
315-337-6399
315-571-4087
Tony P
315-337-6399
tp176

Postby jhooper/HRE » September 28th, 2011, 3:34 am

Just want to clarify the roll cage rule a little more. Chassis builders are not required to build the frame and cage exactly like mine, you can build it similar to a sprint car style if you prefer but the minimum tubing sizes must be maintained.
Since this is an entirely new class there is certain to be some items we have overlooked in the writing of the rules so in the interest of safety and fair competition ISR could modify or clarify rules at any time before or during this first season.
We certainly don't want this entire venture to fail because someone like me overlooked something, we will do whatever we feel is in the best interest of the sport no matter who is to blame.
If you are planning on building your own Outlaw and have some different ideas that may fall into a GREY area you should contact Jerry Korinek or me to clarify or you run the risk of being forced to make changes mid-season.
We fully intend to fine tune the rules after the season then freeze them for a few years. John Hooper
jhooper/HRE

Postby jhooper/HRE » October 3rd, 2011, 3:51 am

Just some helpful engine info. If you are going to use the Arctic engine the 600 EFI engine can be used with the stock EFI ignition you just need to get the cdi box reprogrammed to run without the EFI throttle bodies and install the carbs and manifolds from a F6 or F7 carbed model. I am still working on adapting a common Polaris ignition onto the Arctic F6 EFI engine as an option for guys that have an EFI engine without the oem ignition because buying all the parts needed for the oem EFI ignition is really pricey and the oem carbed ignition won't fit the EFI model, the crankshaft end is different. John H.
jhooper/HRE

Postby jhooper/HRE » October 4th, 2011, 6:41 am

Just got the production Outlaw pipe stampings from Jaws, they look cool, I will get on the dyno with them soon and we will have finshed exhaust system kits ready to ship in around 3 weeks.
I have already got orders for 12 sets, anyone that needs pipes should contact me in the next couple weeks and let me know what brand you need them to fit.
These pipes will all be the same the only differences will be in the mtg. flanges and the carb restrictors for each brand of engine.
John H.
jhooper/HRE

Postby jhooper/HRE » October 5th, 2011, 10:46 am

Lots of exciting stuff happening in ice oval racing. We have more great news on the Outlaw 600 front.
Well known Wisconsin Nascar racer Rich Bickle has just started building his first of 10 Outlaw sleds. This thing looks great already, he is building the cage more like a sprint car, can't wait to see the finished product. Rich's shop is known for building great looking, high quality vehicles. You can see some of the stuff he has built in his shop @ muscleupperformance.com.
This is the kind of connection we need to the race car guys.
We will have pics of his sleds and others on the Outlaw600.com website soon. To set up a time to see what he has to offer call 608-754-4545 John Hooper
jhooper/HRE

Postby PC ICEWARS » October 5th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Steve Henke and I took the outlaw down to Rich after the Wausau Grass Drags and were able to spend a little time talking to him. Rich is very passionate about the outlaw and feels he can be a big help in its success. Just in the short time talking to him I found out with his knowledge and connections he will do just that. Good luck to Rich and I think everyone will be impressed with his work.

Thanks,
Kyle Krogwold
PC ICEWARS

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros