Subscribe Today

Outlaw 600 - Progress Thread - HRE

Postby Fllipps18 » October 17th, 2011, 4:19 am

Updated Pictures of the new Bickle Built Outlaw 600
[img]http://www.muscleupperformance.com/photog/albums/userpics/normal_sled12-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.muscleupperformance.com/photog/albums/userpics/normal_sled11-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.muscleupperformance.com/photog/albums/userpics/normal_sled13-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.muscleupperformance.com/photog/albums/userpics/normal_sled16-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.muscleupperformance.com/photog/albums/userpics/normal_sled17-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.muscleupperformance.com/photog/albums/userpics/normal_sled21-1.jpg[/img]
Fllipps18

Postby Proline Performance » October 17th, 2011, 5:15 am

New pictures uploaded to our website check out our progress on the outlaw chassis.
John Wheelock
President
Proline Performance
507-288-5185
info@prolineperformance.com
Proline Performance

Postby mbenoy119 » October 17th, 2011, 5:42 am

Great pictures, that machine looks very nice!
mbenoy119

Postby PDRacing » October 17th, 2011, 7:43 am

[quote=jhooper/HRE]
We badly need "NEW & EXCITING". I saw guys racing riding lawn mowers on TV, cerainly not very exciting BUT it was something "NEW"
Maybe we can get these guys to stud up their tires and come race with us:B John H.[/quote]

John,

Lawn mower Racing Is not NEW! It's been around along time.

The difference is those guys obviously utilized the product they had, ( didn't water it down and bastardize it), then marketed the concept properly to get advertising and television coverage!!

And by the way, after what I saw in Quebec City, LA BELLE Province this weekend Oval Racing Is alive and well in the EAST!:B.
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby jhooper/HRE » October 17th, 2011, 9:13 am

Richard,
lawn mower racing has not been around very long in the states and I was told it is no longer televised, just like snocross the "NEWNESS" wore off after a few years and spectator interest faded. It's just the nature of todays consumers/spectators. Nascar and Indy racing are also experiencing some of this just not as severe, their spectator numbers are down but still large enough to draw the attention of major sponsors.
I sometimes forget that in YOUR region ice oval racing has grown in the last few years because "NEW BASTARDIZED" things like F500, vintage and 4 wheelers were added to the show. You may not have been involved 6 or 7 years ago when we barely had enough sleds or spectators to run a race. I was there more than once when the total sled count was less than 25 and we were close to folding up. If Marcel had listened to guys like you at that time you would be watching hockey this season. Just because you love Champ and have good sponsors doesn't matter if the spectators don't show up and promoters loose money.
Now this is where YOU and a few other closed minded individuals ALWAYS say that we just need better promotion and more $$$ and everything will be fine with our OLD show. PROVE IT!!
Unlike you, I put my money, time and reputation behind my words, I don't just live in fantasy land waiting for a big corporation to drop huge $$$ into our sport. I can't say it won't happen, Tommy Lipar {god bless him} has certainly put up plenty of money for Champ but does anyone see their numbers growing?
I fully understand some of you are worried that this Outlaw sled will become the premier class. It will only become the premier class if it puts on a better show, it's that simple.
I really don't care which class is the "premier class", I just know we badly need "new and exciting" to fill grandstands and the rest will take care of itself. John H
jhooper/HRE

Postby PDRacing » October 17th, 2011, 10:17 am

[quote=jhooper/HRE]
I sometimes forget that in YOUR region ice oval racing has grown in the last few years because "NEW BASTARDIZED" things like F500, vintage and 4 wheelers were added to the show.
Now this is where YOU and a few other closed minded individuals ALWAYS say that we just need better promotion and more $$$ and everything will be fine with our OLD show. PROVE IT!!
Unlike you, I put my money, time and reputation behind my words, I don't just live in fantasy land waiting for a big corporation to drop huge $$$ into our sport. I can't say it won't happen, Tommy Lipar {god bless him} has certainly put up plenty of money for Champ but does anyone see their numbers growing?
I fully understand some of you are worried that this Outlaw sled will become the premier class. It will only become the premier class if it puts on a better show, it's that simple.
John H[/quote]

The F500 and Vintage are snowmobiles, how do you considered that "Bastardized"?

As far as time and money I just spent 5 days and 30 hours of driving to Support the EPT Series, and brought in corporate support with 5 extra guys as well, hell we gave away over $2,000 in prizes, and cost over $3,500 in Hotel etc to have those guys there.

So don't think your the "ONLY" person putting time and money up for the sake of the sport!

And as far as proving results, that's just a short time away.:B
Since in "Fantasy Land" these companies have to wait till the new Fiscal Year.

The show for OVAL racing was a huge success,:C

the only "EGG" on the Show's face:S was the NO SHOW of the OUTLAW 600 which was advertised to have been there, fortunately for the EPT's sake, from what I saw most didn't seem to notice.

John, don't get me wrong I think the OUTLAW600 is a cool product, I just think it should Stand on it's own. With it's own Series, if it's show is going to be that great then it should be able to.

And it is true I think we are dealing with 2 different regions, 2 different situations, Much like Canada and USA, and the economies.

Cheers,
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby Ovals Forever » October 17th, 2011, 11:24 am

[quote=Flatout]Ovals Forever I think you are wrong about the manufacturers being "not interested" in Champ. Take a look at Nick VanStrydonk's trailer and tell me the Polaris factory is not interested. Even Marcel Imbeault commented on the fact that Nick's Champ 440 sled was exactly what oval racing needs. That is why BRP Arctic and Polaris are also behind the new "Factory 600" class. It is full champ sleds with current600 motors. It is designed to hype brand recognition. The hoods on a Factory 600 are built around the look and style of the big 3 top performance sleds. Sure outlaw 600 is going to bring in a lot of people but if you ask the manufacturers will they support the class. I doubt it!
All that said it sure is going to be an intersting season. The Outlaw 600 class, Factory 600, Champ 440, F500,,,What a show!!!.[/quote]

I agree that Nick's sled and trailer are very nice, but I question how much of it was paid for by Polaris, maybe all of it I don't know but if so just having one Polaris sponserd sled on the track that resembles what they sell dosen't make a series or keep one going.

Did you happen to notice Gary Moyles trailer the last couple of years?
If Ski Doo is so interested why is he going back to Cat?
Why wouldn't they pay the price to keep him, he is a 2 time champ and we all know he will most likely win it again.

Polaris for the most part forgot about oval racing in 1978 after Jerry Bunkee was killed in B.J., and anyone that knows any history on this sport knows that.
We all know Polaris has some kind of deal with Wahls but we also know who puts in all the time and effort to, "It aint Polaris" and there is alot more Wahl equipment on their sleds than Polaris equipment.

I remember the new Yamahas in 72 or 73 on the dealer floors had a sticker on the hoods that said Eagle River World Champions,
Cat has how many wins at Eagle River in the past 10 years at least 7
when and where do you hear about it or see it anywhere? maybe a picture in a Mag once in awile, I remember when Cat used to travel around with there oval race sleds, the first one I ever saw in person was at an open house for a small Arctic Cat dealer in Bobells ND, 600 miles away from the nearest oval race.

One more thing for you to chew on, I asked Gary Moyel straight out as I was sitting in his Outlaw 600 at the Hay Days which sled is the most fun to drive, at first I don't think he really wanted to answer the question but he did and if you want to know the answer, you will have to ask him.

By the way, what a nice guy Gary is, I really enjoyed talking to him, it was the highlight of the Haydays for me this year, the only problem I had was trying to keep my eyes off his wife. lol
Thanks Gary
"For letting me sit in the sled"

P.S. Gary I'm the guy that asked for flyers so I could hang them up that night at the sprint car races at Cedar Lake Speedway, and I did just that.
Ovals Forever

Postby PDRacing » October 17th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Ovals,

I know this ins't really the essence of this thread but I'll post anyway.:h

Why is it when you guys say Manufacturer's you always go to the manufactures of Snowmobiles or components there of ???? I think that's one of the biggest mistake this sport has made.

Look for advertiser's which share similar demographic clientele and synergies with other advertisers.

Look to Manufactures/Corps which have large budgets for brand image and Name marketing. These are large firms trying to put their names in front of people and looking for good bang for the buck in this economy.

Sled manufacture's don't always have the budget's for that sort of Brand building advertising. And don't always want to be tied to the sport if their brand isn't out front, since it's their industry.

Look at long term Venues, Eganville a Large Construction Firm, Valcourt an Insurance Firm, Roberval a Credit Union, etc

The poor economy has opened the door for ICE OVAL RACING, firms are looking for more affordable ways to be affiliated with Motorsports, the EPT will offer them that.

Anyway i'll get off this topic and back to John's OUTLAW theme of this thread.
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby Ovals Forever » October 17th, 2011, 12:53 pm

I won't dissagree with you on that.

With that being said, the sport as a whole has to do what ever it take's to draw more fans, even if it is a frozen T-shirt contest during intermission "The sport needs more fans".
Ovals Forever

Postby mbenoy119 » October 17th, 2011, 1:33 pm

You aren't going to gain serious sponsorship without fans in the seats.
You aren't going to put any fans in the seats without classes with a lot of competition to put on a great show.
You aren't going to get classes with a lot of competition in the sport without finding new people to come and race.

I think Champ sleds put on a great show, but you need 20+ to put on a World Class show. Fans don't really care to watch the same 8 guys running on the track 4 or 5 times and calling it a show. F500 has been a great addition to the sport, but even with both of those classes healthy, it isn't enough.

The Outlaw 600 class has the potential to bring in new racers in a way nothing else has. I think it is a brilliant concept. Thank you to everyone who has put the time and effort into this venture.
mbenoy119

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros