Outlaw 600 - Progress Thread - HRE

Postby PDRacing » December 15th, 2011, 2:42 am

LMAO !! :B
Howie, don't insult the Flintstones! :)
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby Petawawarace » December 15th, 2011, 3:13 am

For the steering boxes, the cheapest I was able to find was the "Stiletto" box which is the same as the Legends car steering box for $295 USD on the Predator Racing Products website.
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby proton » December 15th, 2011, 3:39 am

I'm with you Howard, an F1 looking outlaw, a little tough to do with the way the roll cadge rules are written...however, my deepest respect goes out to all the guys who took the leap of faith and built these machines without any knowledge of how well the concept would work, good job
proton

Postby Fllipps18 » December 15th, 2011, 4:02 am

HELLO OUTLAW 600 WORLD
WE ARE PLANING A TEST DRIVE SOMETIME SOON IN CENTRAL OR NORTHERN WISCONSIN.I WILL TAKE UP TO 10 SERIOUS PEOPLE WHO ARE THINKING OF BUYING A NEW OUTLAW 600 SLED. CALL RICH BICKLE AT 608-754-4545 TO SET UP YOUR TEST RIDE TODAY!!!

RICH BICKLE
MUSCLE UP PERFORMANCE
MUSCLEUPAUTO@AOL.COM
Fllipps18

Postby Fllipps18 » December 15th, 2011, 4:15 am

OH YA I FORGET TO SAY THAT IM SORRY THAT WE WONT HAVE OUR NEW BODY DESIGN READY UN TILL LATER NEXT YEAR. WE ONLY STARTED THIS 10 WEEKS AGO AND HAVE 10 SLEDS FOR SALE TODAY. BUT WE WILL HAVE A NEW BODY WITH HELP FROM 5 STAR SOCK CAR BODIES FOR OUR SLEDS! SO FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE ON THE NET GO BUILD ONE AND SEE WHAT IT TAKES GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUILD! WE SELL PARTS FOR YOUR BUILD TOO FROM STEERING, GEAR BOXES, TUNNELS CNC LAZER CUT WITH ALL THE DRIVE AND BRAKE HOLES !! CALL US FOR YOUR NEEDS!

RICH BICKLE
608-754-4545
Fllipps18

Postby Ovals Forever » December 15th, 2011, 4:10 pm

[quote=Flatout]Loopholes???? what loopholes?:E
Seriously we just want to see what mistakes and improvements are being made before we weld any metal. Also we plan on making our sled look like a race sled instead of a flintstone mobile. You have to admit the current tinwork (even with all the fancy graphics) looks pretty boxy. We plan on having a sylish fiberglass body. Or is it against the rules to make it look fast.[/quote]

Why do you have to be such a pain in Johns azz when he is trying so hard to do something so good for the sport?
You nick pick and fight him on every single thing you can think of.
You remind me of a teanager.
Ovals Forever

Postby Flatout » December 15th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Darren cant you se i'm joking. I have a lot of respect for John and what he has accomplished. I will be building a sled within the rules and John I will have some questions about the build once I start. I hope to get a test drive in one this winter.
HG
Flatout

Postby kizif » December 16th, 2011, 10:52 am

So let me get this straight, I can get rid of the steering frog and put a steering rack on my outlaw, Am I correct?
[i]Ian[/i]
Outlaw 99
kizif

Postby Ovals Forever » December 16th, 2011, 1:16 pm

[quote=Flatout]Darren cant you se i'm joking. I have a lot of respect for John and what he has accomplished. I will be building a sled within the rules and John I will have some questions about the build once I start. I hope to get a test drive in one this winter.
HG[/quote]

Oh in that case carry on "Sorry"
Ovals Forever

Postby jhooper/HRE » December 17th, 2011, 2:01 am

Ian, You could get rid of the steering frog and install a rack in the center if you want but their are 2 problems with doing that.
#1- with a four bar front end it works best to keep the radius rods as long as possible to reduce bump steer and width changes as the suspension travels, a rack is quite wide so the only way you could get the bump steer correct is to shorten the radius rods quite a bit, not good.
#2- Routing the steering shaft over to the center mounted rack would be a hassle.

If you want to use a rack you just need to build brackets to hold it directly in front of your feet and run a single steering rod off one end of the rack to your current steering frog in the center of the machine.
Rich Bickle has done this method, I will see if he has pics of the installation on his website muscleupperformance.com
I am suggesting that racers use 2 to 1 ratio steering quickener/reducer, it's much cheaper and simpler to install and works fine.
From what we learned so far I would not even bother to put the sled on the ice until you have one of these systems installed.
With either system I would aim for the skis to turn 20 degrees left and 35-40 degrees right while using 300-350 degrees of steering wheel rotation.
The best systems we had in Beasejour only had about 160 degrees of wheel rotation while the skis turned about 15 degrees left and 30 degrees right. They were hard to turn and had marginal countersteering if you got really loose. If you changed the length of the arms to get more countersteer they became nearly impossible too turn and if you adjusted things to make less steering effort you couldn't countersteer enough and spun out easy.
By installing a 2-1 reversed steering quickener you can easily gain another 5 degrees of ski turning both ways and still decrease steering effort by a bunch. John H.
jhooper/HRE

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros