Subscribe Today

EPT Ski Doo Factory 600 2012

Postby SCM Tech » April 20th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Ovals 83 Dave, the sled shown on the photo is a prototype. As in all good organizations we must make a prototype for each manufacturer including the hood in order to have the entire machine approved. We must verify if the motor and the original pipe from each manufacturer fit in the different chassis as well as the hoods which we reproduce to the manufacturers liking. We presently have 3 different chassis: a Houle, a Hooper and a Wahl.
The hood that you see on the sled can be installed on the Houle and Hooper chassis, there is another mole in production for the same hood which will go on the Wahl chassis. We will need to do the same job for the Artic Cat and Polaris models once they have chosen their model of hood. The motor you see in the sled is an RS 600 2011 with a stock pipe which the manufacturer loaned us for testing purposes. We must than pass the motor on a dyno in order to find different ways of reducing the power. Thanks to the manufacturers and others such as John Hooper and Dave Wahl we already have a pretty good idea of how we will reduce the power. Once we receive the Ski Doo 2012 motor, at the end of August, we will need to retest on the dyno if there are changes to the specifications of the motor, and the same goes for the other manufacturers. I really don't understand why you are saying that we are missleading people by saying NEW 2012 RACE SLED. Petawawarace (Jeff) is correct in saying that "The pro-stock 600 would be legal (2009 or newer) I doubt it would be competetive with a champ-sled with this motor in it". I thank Georges Samson and his team for the work they have done so far and the work they will be doing before next season with regards to the hood and engine fittings. For the dyno testing I will be the one who will oversee the process.

P.S.: For your information, when Georges tested with a Houle Chassis he was using a 440 stock motor.

Claude Paiement
EPT
Claude Paiement
Eastern Pro Tour
SCM Tech

Postby SCM Tech » April 20th, 2011, 5:53 pm

[quote=Petawawarace]Claude,

Are you saying there is going to be a rule on the color of the hood? I don't think that is the right thing to do...please clarify[/quote]

Yes Jeff there is a rule on the color of the hood.

2. The snowmobile must have original OEM (or EPT designated replacement for the brand) hood, seat, exhaust and clutches supplied by the manufacturer for that particular engine model. All components must be OEM for the model and year, or properly filed OEM replacement parts that supersede the original OEM parts. Factory options are not allowed unless otherwise specified.

This is what has created the interest of the manufacturers for the class and this is what bring them to make a really special price for the mechanical kit

Claude Paiement
EPT
Claude Paiement
Eastern Pro Tour
SCM Tech

Postby Petawawarace » April 20th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Claude,

While I understand the need to get the manufacturers back into the sport a little more, but If you are going to try and control the hood colors and decals, thats going a bit too far. No sponsor is ever going to give anyone in this class any sort of money. When you go to a sponsor, and they ask what kind of exposure they will get and you tell them that you cannot paint the hood to their colors because the rules say so, they are going to tell you to pound salt!!!

I think the basis of the class is great...no exotic stuff, stock motors ect, and I can even see the hood matching the motor/seat, but trying to control the color and decals on the hood????

PS, who will be making the hoods and seats and selling them?
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby jhooper/HRE » April 21st, 2011, 1:26 am

Jeff and Claude,
Both of you have very good points. I know this class is designed to appeal to brand loyalists BUT Perhaps there could be a second option for this class?
I suggest to allow changing ONLY THE COLOR if the competitor aquires his own engine/clutch package NOT directly from the manufacturers deal. I think most guys would still choose the manufacturers option but if a racer has a big sponsor that demands their colors he could still build a legal sled for this class. Probably would get a few more to build these.
Also, any mfg. contingencies would only be paid to sleds with the factory colors. Just a thought! John H
jhooper/HRE

Postby SCM Tech » April 21st, 2011, 4:02 am

John and Jeff I just have a talk with Ski Doo and they seems ready to accept the proposal of John, we will know more after the ISR meeting because I believe that manufacturers will be present and we will talk about it .. to follow.

Claude Paiement
EPT
514-696-2258
[url=claude.paiement@videotron.ca]claude.paiement@videotron.ca[/url]
Claude Paiement
Eastern Pro Tour
SCM Tech

Postby 2tracksnflatout » April 21st, 2011, 4:15 am

2tracksnflatout

Postby SCM Tech » April 21st, 2011, 4:15 am

I just talk with Georges Samson 819-314-0060 and the Hood with the windshield will be arround 600.00$ Us/Cad The yelow color of the hood on the photo is in the Gell Coat no paint it come out with that finish. Georges told me that you will be able to order the hood the color you want for Champ or "[i]if there is a change in the rule for the Factory 600[/i]". It will be the same for Artic Cat and Polaris.

For more information call im.

Claude Paiement
EPT
Claude Paiement
Eastern Pro Tour
SCM Tech

Postby PDRacing » April 21st, 2011, 5:05 am

Claude, (Just my 2 cents)

I think this will be be a great class!:)

To have manufactures back at the table will help set some standards.
and I think the motor packages I have seen so far are an incredible deal.

The class seems to be in the spirit of NASCAR and stock car like rules.

All fairly matched motors, They have to retain STOCK like appearance and manufacture emblem on car.

However if you were to not allow custom paint jobs for the advertisers / Sponsors there would be NO NASCAR!
Not to mention It would also look pretty boring with all the same colours.

I can not think of one Stock class in the racing world where the hoods are all the same colours?

In SNOWCROSS they all have custom graphics on Stock appearing Hoods, BUD LIGHT, MONSTER, etc.

I await the clarification since it will determines weather I can participate in this class or not.

thanks,
Richard
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby SCM Tech » April 21st, 2011, 5:15 am

Shawn, I'm willing to meet up with you; the problem is since I retired from Montreal firefighters back in November and I bought Eastern Pro Tour with Georges Samson there aren't enough hours in a day to be able to do everything. I should soon have a meeting with Richard Scroggs from Sarnia Ontario to discuss a TV show opportunity that was offered to me for the Quebec (there is currently a production house looking to put up a new show on motorised sports like ice oval racing). We also want to produce a DVD containing our races that we would distribute for free. Nothing is official right now but I'm working really hard to it. If you'd like send me your phone number @ claude.paiement@videotron.ca as well as your Email address and as soon as I will know more about my meeting with Richard I will try to meet up with you as well.

Claude Paiement
EPT
Claude Paiement
Eastern Pro Tour
SCM Tech

Postby 2tracksnflatout » April 21st, 2011, 5:32 am

2tracksnflatout

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros