Subscribe Today

Champ/Factory600/Outlaw600

Postby 2tracksnflatout » April 26th, 2011, 7:20 am

I
2tracksnflatout

Postby Revin » April 26th, 2011, 12:43 pm

I have been a snowmobile race fan for 42 years. I have been to hundreds of races. The thing that every promoter should know is that "Snowmobilers attend snowmobile races". Good luck attracting non-snowmobilers to stand out in the cold. My non snowmobiler friends think I am insane to pay money to stand out in the cold. Of course they don't get it. As a die hard snowmobile race fan I believe that it is critical to have the race sleds look like the current production sleds. Brand loyalty in the snowmobile industry is way more important than in any other type of motorsport for some reason. The new hood and graphics rules are what the champ class has been lacking. I am looking forward to watching the new Factory 600 class!

I also watch Nascar, Indycar, F1 and Supercross. I watch every Nascar race, most Indycar races and a few F1 races. The lack of passing in F1 is a turnoff for me. Most passes are during pitstops. I have attended Nascar and Indy car races, they are both great.

Please remember these are just my opinions! I live and breath snowmobiles all year.
Revin

Postby 2tracksnflatout » April 27th, 2011, 2:17 am

2tracksnflatout

Postby Bob Vehring » April 27th, 2011, 3:29 am

I love oval racing and thats what my kid wants to do. Bussiness wise I have alot to do with Snow X including renting comercial space at some of their races.
At the Grand Geneva race I talked with the man that runs ISOC for a while. The biggest differance I see is ISOC and Snow X in general has a "CAN DO" additude, and they make it happen. When you read here, when someone brings up an idea on building this sport, so many people jump on them and tell them it can't happen. I'm willing to bet that at least "some" people from the factories are reading this. How does this make us look?

Kart racing has a serious problem selling it self because it does not have a mainstreem consomer product to sell to the public, such as Trail sleds. We do still pull in big sponsors like Mazda and Briggs and Stratton. Certianly Oval sleds have more sponsor potential then Kart racing does.
It seems to me that Snow X suceeds because of the force of a single strong governing body whos main focus is to promote it. Oval racing seems split into a handful of smaller groups sometimes headed in different directions. There doesn't seem to be a central guiding force focusing it.
Bob Vehring
www.4cyclecentral.com
www.120sledracer.com
Bob Vehring

Postby TigorRacing176 » April 27th, 2011, 5:36 am

As a racer I love this new class. I will be in this new class Factory 600 because of the speed being close to the other sleds that I race.

Now as a SPORT MARKETING MAJOR this class can be a home run with everything that this class can be.The old saying IS STILL TRUE "Win on Sunday sell on Monday"(similar to what Bob said). With CHAMP being unrecognizable it's hard for that to work. With Factory 600 this brings back the bickering well "Cat is the best" "no Polaris" "No Doo is" and so on. I know Doo has put up contingency money BUT we need the others to follow. Even if it's a small dollar amount to encourage people to but other products. If the final is all Ski-Doo(15 sold already) then this class won't have the potential appeal we hope it has.

Now as a reader i asked twin track owners what their best memory of an F1 was and it was that it was a memory so we can't keep comparing to the old days with F1!!
Let's move forward AS A UNIT and keep this racing around because I know when I have a kid I want them to be able to race just like "daddy and Poppa" but with all the shop racing going on we will NEVER receive money or big enough attention to make this stick around. All of these new classes are awesome
Outlaw: pulls in the summer racers with being comfortable in a cock pit
Factory: a smaller jump up to Champ than F500 or a great place to settle in and enjoy. With someone buying a new sled they might watch this class and be like i can do this already I have that sled and buy an old CHAMP chassis off someone and get into it. BOOM new family involved more fans.

Small steps lead to great leaps and bounds
TigorRacing176

Postby 2tracksnflatout » April 27th, 2011, 1:24 pm

2tracksnflatout

Postby PDRacing » April 27th, 2011, 1:35 pm

[quote=Bob Vehring] I'm willing to bet that at least "some" people from the factories are reading this. How does this make us look?
[/quote]

Hey Bob, to answer your previous question about how some of these comments on this forum look to Sponsors, I will utilize a famous movie quote,

"I had sponsors in the stands and I'm huggin' and holdin' hands and kissin'em in the ears and prayin' for a good showin'. And what do we do?
We end up lookin' like a monkey ****in' a football out there!!"
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby Petawawarace » April 27th, 2011, 1:53 pm

[quote=2tracksnflatout]I know at least 25 people who used to drive hours for a day of watching exciting F1 TwinTrack racing. Today, they don't even bother starting up the car to drive to a race - for the lack of show. Stock appearing sleds WILL NOT draw spectators. Thats beating a dead horse. If people want spectators to show up, the show must feature something truly exotic, fast, thundering loud, with great drivers of star caliber, and close back-to-back racing.

If an organization were to put a modernized F1 Twin-Track race on for a Sunday afternoon, and a production based race at another location the same Sunday, each promoted the same, guaranteed the people show up to watch the F1 sleds, 10 fold.

The biggest challenge today in oval track is the loss of culture. Most don't have a reference point to compare how seriously pathetic the oval stuff is now.

Thanks for listening.[/quote]

Shawn.....Twin tracks are dead!!!!face it...people are trying to make the sport better, by actually doing something....like build sleds....not just talk and stir up $hit on the internet. Do everyone a favour and quit posting on here. I think I can speak for alot of the people viewing this board when I say it would be "10 fold" better if you were not posting.

Thanks for listening!!!!
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby Bob Vehring » April 27th, 2011, 1:59 pm

I've agreed with some of the stuff you have said. I don't know if I agree with the above post (2 up). To me, racing is racin as long as its close racing.
I've spent alot of time thinking about both classes being talked about here. I understand the points on RACER preferance. That is different though then what will draw a crowd.
I think the cage sled might bring in some people because it is different. It might also alianate some because its to far from a tradional sled.
The 600 sled might really attract the trail riders with their favorite brand, and might bring back factory support, but it seams to close to Champ to me that many people won't know the differance. Why not put the factory hoods on champs?

If it were up to me, I say run them at night, use a small 4 stroke on fuel, nothing like 6 ft flames and the thunder of nitro to bring in the people :)
Bob Vehring
www.4cyclecentral.com
www.120sledracer.com
Bob Vehring

Postby 2tracksnflatout » April 28th, 2011, 2:27 am

2tracksnflatout

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros