Subscribe Today

Factory 600

Factory 600

Postby tuner78 » July 7th, 2011, 8:00 am

I was of the understanding that it was basically a champ open chassis with a spec stock engine package? Where limited 600 has more restrictions on the chassis but is more open in which motors you can use.
WINNERS:
Show up prepared
Are never intimidated
Don't give up
Are professional
Keep the faith

[b]Team Behn Racing[/b]Tuner78
tuner78

Factory 600

Postby Schmidt87 » July 7th, 2011, 8:20 am

Thanks John, So chassis wise the difference would be that the factory class has an open chain case and open track rule, right? Are the motors purchased as a package?
Schmidt87

Factory 600

Postby colt53 » July 8th, 2011, 1:53 am

Rumor-???????...has it that a couple of "CAT's" will be purring around the tracks in the east.......Arctic Cat has been talking to a couple drivers from the east.
Colt Dellandrea
Pro-Formance Racing
Kincardine, Ontario
CHAMP53
colt53

Factory 600

Postby PDRacing » July 8th, 2011, 5:00 am

As far i see. as costs go it's about the same with the exception of engine development cost and everyone will/should be on the same page Horsepower wise.

I think the package (Engine,clutches,carbs,electronics,pipe) BRP/SKIDOO offered was phenomenal value :E and no way you could put a champ power train together for that price and be competitive.

So Champ Sled with all Hoods and Power Trains relatively the same/factory appearing, clean neat packages, tight racing.

Sounds alot like NASCAR to me! :)
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Factory 600

Postby motowrecker121 » August 24th, 2011, 8:54 am

I'm curious who bought the ski doo packages. since they were sold out before the First topic was posted on this class.:h
motowrecker121

Factory 600

Postby SCM Tech » August 24th, 2011, 11:13 am

[quote=motowrecker121]I'm curious who bought the ski doo packages. since they were sold out before the First topic was posted on this class.:h[/quote]

At EPT annual racer meeting in April we announced the Factory 600 class to our racers for the year 2012, Marcel Imbeault from BRP racing Department was present and he advised racers of the package and the price then he took the order of the racers, I must admit that Eastern Pro Tour racers had echoes of the class because we always asked the opinion of our racers before doing something on the EPT circuit. Marcel Fontaine created a large family with the Eastern Pro Tour and we will try to continue in the same direction.

Claude Paiement
EPT
Claude Paiement
Eastern Pro Tour
SCM Tech

Factory 600

Postby SCM Tech » August 24th, 2011, 11:47 am

Don't forget that to have the package you must commit yourself to race in the Factory 600 class. As only Eastern Pro Tour will offer this class in 2012 I think it is normal it will mostly be EPT racers who will have the packages. I know that some Midwest racers took some information for the package and they waited to see if the class would be offered in the Midwest. I also heard rumors that some teams in the Midwest will have a Factory 600 to do some races on the Eastern Pro Tour circuit, the future will tell.

Claude Paiement
EPT
Claude Paiement
Eastern Pro Tour
SCM Tech

Previous

Return to Ovals & Enduros