Subscribe Today

2012 EPT Ski Doo contingency

Postby Bonn Cup » September 7th, 2011, 10:42 am

Great idea Scroggs but Howards cup would probably have a hole in the bottom and he would be pissed at me again!
[b]Merv Boldt[/b]
Bonn Cup

Postby Petawawarace » September 7th, 2011, 1:22 pm

hahahha that right there is funny
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby proracer » September 8th, 2011, 6:48 am

Why should i be crasy or smoke something, come on guys wake up.
Show me a better a way of doing close pack racing in are champ class with good money to win.

JV#96 :)
proracer

Postby Petawawarace » September 8th, 2011, 7:25 am

Jacques I'm sure it makes for better racing, but do you really want all the slower sleds ahead of the fast ones? Maybe just invert the top 3????
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby PDRacing » September 8th, 2011, 8:09 am

I understand what Jacques saying,:h

When someone is running away with the race the lap traffic actually makes the race more exciting. By inverting the field you are automatically creating lap traffic and forcing the the faster sleds/drivers to utilize more skill and strategy thus as Jacques say makes for a "Good Show!"

Nascar has the luxury of lots of laps thus Cautions to bring cars closer and pit stops for more passing opportunities and excitement for the fans.

Nascar has the ARRONS "Lucky Dog" spot, we could have the (coffee break) "Tim Horton's put's you to the front spot", or some other advertiser that wants in.

Good Marketing is about thinking about what the Fans want to see, lots of action and stuff going on, and a chance for a guy to come from behind, the leader to work for it, etc.

I don't think Jacques's idea is as crazy as it sounds.:E
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby PDRacing » September 8th, 2011, 8:24 am

hey Merv!!

Thought of another potential sponsor for half time prize money, :@

the McDonald's "Your deserve a Break today" .

You need to go pitch this to McDonald's! :B
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby proracer » September 9th, 2011, 7:15 pm

NO,:M everybody need to be invert, it's has to make a show and less boring, you have to be able to live with slower traffic, i find that so stuppid when you watch a formula-1 race and they start *****ing about slower cars been in the way of the fast car, Come on, you have to be able to handle anything out there, it's racing and it give good action for spectators. Anybody that makes it for final race, as the right to race, everybody in that final is important. A race is a race, it can't be made easy for just the fast guys, everybody out there have to earn there way on the race track and try to win.

ps: :M stop thinking, what did i smoke or crasy, you need to earn your winning.:)

Bye :)
JV#96
proracer

Postby EPT VP/Tech Director » September 10th, 2011, 3:00 am

It's not a bad idea. Last year at Eagle River during the Champ finals it was Jacques who gave the show. At the second start he was almost in last position, but in every lap he was gaining, to end up finishing third. The spectators spent more time watching in awe Jacques climb the ranks, and holding their breath during each lap to see just how many racers he would pass ..1-2-3 ???. It was the best show of the weekend!

Claude Paiement
EPT
Claude Paiement
eptracing.com
EPT VP/Tech Director

Postby PDRacing » September 10th, 2011, 3:48 am

Jacques,

I was agreeing with you about the inverting idea :B

and I never saided you smoked anything,:? and the "crasy" part well ..... :h LOL

And Your right why should the lap traffic stop racing and let the lead cars/sleds by??
It's still racing, and it's part of the race. I like what you said, if your in the final, then you have the right to Race.

It's just making another passing move, and more excting for the spectators. :)
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Previous

Return to Ovals & Enduros