Subscribe Today

Quebec City Snowmobile Show

Postby Flatout » October 17th, 2011, 9:26 am

Although I wasn't there I hear it was a huge success and a big shot in the arm for the EPT and Oval racing in general. In attendance were several well known champ drivers including Jacques Villeneuve making a rare appearance at the show in the Woodys booth, Nick Lagoy with his Champ 440 sled in the Choko Booth, Richard Scroggs with his impressive Dewalt trailer and his new Champ 440 sled in the EPT booth and Samson Racings Sabrina Blanchette and Adam Sack with a new Champ 440 sled, a new Factory 600 sled, a Junior 340 sled a Junior Champ 380 sled and their impressive fully wrapped trailer also in the EPT booth which was front and center. Also in attendance were well known racers Gaston Ferland(a legend in his own time)with his F500 sled and F500 Champion Serge Oulette and his daughter Jade Oulette with her 380 Junior sled. Noticably absent was the Outlaw 600 sled. A mixup in the dates apparently was the cause of the "no-show". Although the Outlaw sled didn't show up it didn't dampen the enthusiasm of the thousands of curious race enthusiasts who attended. The Quebec City event is the pinicle of the Quebec performance snowmobiling shows. What a great venue to promote and grow our sport. Congratulations to all the racers who displayed their stuff!
If anyone has any pictures please post them...
HG
Flatout

Postby PDRacing » October 17th, 2011, 11:21 am

Hey Howie,

The Show was excellent, Thousands of People through.

Lots of Nice Booths!!,
and they had them well proportioned to display all the product well.:E The French have a knack for that!

Found a photo for you as requested.

[img]http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/305212_10150322162141711_671861710_8431362_1824483066_n.jpg height=300 width=600[/img]

Thanks to everybody who organized it!
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Postby hoofer1 » October 17th, 2011, 12:18 pm

[img]021[/img]
Darin Van Hoof
Race Director
Eganville Sno Drifters
(Bonnechere Cup)
hoofer1

Postby bromic » October 17th, 2011, 2:12 pm

I just made a little photo gallery showing EPT booth, with close-up pics of the Factory 600 (Wahl chassis and Houle chassis).

[url=http://www.pbase.com/bromic/eptssrm2011]Here's the link ![/url]
bromic

Postby EPT VP/Tech Director » October 17th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Hello everyone, the Motorized Recreational Sports Show off Quebec city was an extraordinary platform of promotion for Eastern Pro Tour. I would not like to passed under silence the work of the VanDolder team at the Toronto snowmobile show with their trailer and snowmobiles to represent their sponsers and at the same time distributed the flyers with the calendar of the races of Eastern Pro Tour. I did not have time yet to communicate with Mike VanDolder to have news so I won't be able to comment the Toronto show but as regards Quebec I can say to you that there was more than 20.000 visitors and that I have the impression they all passed 2 times in the EPT booth there was so much people going in and out. Factory 600 caused much interest of the visitors and of people of the industry of the snowmobile of all the brand, I even think there is some amateurs who presented themselves in their dealer to buy a Factory 600 today because I forgot to say to them that model had not been sold in the dealer. Indeed Outlaw 600 was not there in spite of my efforts to have the media to talk about the class.I will not waste time on the subject because finally it was a blessing in desguise because the Sabrina young girl was interviewed and the TV show has a dimension of listening of 600 000 people, Eastern Pro Tour made agreements which will be beneficial for the promoters, the racers and the future racers. As soon as the contracts will be signed officially, we will made the annonce on the EPT site. I will just say that the promoters who were present at the Quebec show went out at the end of the weekend with a smile and that the Ovale race on ice is in very good health in the East. Season 2012 is announced very well but the season 2013 still better. The Champ class is not spirit to die but rather remaking an image which I believe will be beneficial. As a long as we will announce the Champ class as the class of high technology and that the racers will give an image of high technology to their racing sled. The number of racer in this class is not so important if we sale that class as the high technology one. There is a lot of Honda civic on the road but not to many Ferrari this is the difference with the technology and the high technology. We must give a good show so that the spectators are happy what will make the promoters happy what will bring us more promoters so we will be able to more often play with our toy and at a less cost. I would like personally to thank all the racers and their team which contributed to the great success of this weekend for the Ovale race on ice as much in Quebec city than Toronto I does not want to name anybody not to forget some, only has Quebec there were approximately 40 people who came to represent the Ovales races on Ice. I can assure you that there was no SlowX racer at the Quebec show.
And again: THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! and I excuse myself for my English

Claude Paiement
Eastern Pro Tour
Claude Paiement
eptracing.com
EPT VP/Tech Director

Postby EPT VP/Tech Director » October 17th, 2011, 4:29 pm

I know that I said that I did not want to name anybody but I must thank the Dewalt company and Richard Scroggs who gave us a good hand for the success of the weekend, Dewalt even required of other representatives because there were too many people

Thank You!

Claude Paiement
Eastern Pro Tour
Claude Paiement
eptracing.com
EPT VP/Tech Director

Return to Ovals & Enduros