Subscribe Today

New Champ 440 look

New Champ 440 look

Postby Flatout » October 31st, 2011, 6:51 am

I have seen some cool looking fiberglass lately on the new crop of Champ 440 sleds this year. More teams are opting for the look of the current manufacturers designs to keep the OEM interest in the Champ classes high. Does anyone have pictures of what their new sleds are going to look like? From the look of George Samson's new Chartier built sleds, and Nick VanStrydonks sleds the manufacturers will be very happy.
Flatout

New Champ 440 look

Postby ZR PILOT » November 1st, 2011, 5:38 pm

I saw a primer version of what PJ's and Gary Moyle's new hoods are gonna look like and all I can say is AWESOME!! I am very much in favor of any Champ guys who put the time in to make their Champ hoods look just like the Manufacturers trail hoods!! With ice oval season 1 month away.....whenever the Champ guys have their sleds painted, lettered, n ready.....it would be awesome for you guys to post pix of your Champers n haulers (if they have a new graphics look or new wrap) on here!! Thanks.
A fan of snowmobile oval racing!! ;)
ZR PILOT

New Champ 440 look

Postby PDRacing » November 2nd, 2011, 4:27 am

It's great to see to see the quality of appearance of the classes and teams, but for the the Fan's and potential Advertiser's sake, (just my opinion), but I think clearer class appearance formats need to be established. We have champ like hoods in all classes, and factory like hoods in all classes. That's on thing about the OUTLAW there won't be any confusing what class it will be in.

Most outsider's and that includes Sponsors/Advertisers are totally confused :h with what the heck they are watching. It's easier to promote and sell, if related to main stream high exposure race formats, for example,

[b]Champ440[/b] should be called [b]F1[/b]and like [b]Formula 1[/b], leading edge design, High Rpm engines, does not look like any street/trail sled available, should have a wow factor to it's appearance and sound.:E

[b]F600[/b] (factory 600) is like [b]NASCAR[/b], (Nascar on Ice) Stock appearing Sleds, with up to date factory available engines, keeps manufacture's involved and trail rider fans happy.:C
And

[b]OUTLAW 600[/b] can cater to the[b]SPRINT CAR[/b] fans (World of OUTLAWS on ICE), caged vehicle sliding through the corners.:B

Then these classes need to be advertised as such through out Motorsport publications.

This way our sport can offer something to the whole motorsport fan base in the Winter time,

All at one event over the course of a weekend! WOW!
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

New Champ 440 look

Postby Ovals Forever » November 2nd, 2011, 4:14 pm

[quote=PDRacing]It's great to see to see the quality of appearance of the classes and teams, but for the the Fan's and potential Advertiser's sake, (just my opinion), but I think clearer class appearance formats need to be established. We have champ like hoods in all classes, and factory like hoods in all classes. That's on thing about the OUTLAW there won't be any confusing what class it will be in.

Most outsider's and that includes Sponsors/Advertisers are totally confused :h with what the heck they are watching. It's easier to promote and sell, if related to main stream high exposure race formats, for example,

[b]Champ440[/b] should be called [b]F1[/b]and like [b]Formula 1[/b], leading edge design, High Rpm engines, does not look like any street/trail sled available, should have a wow factor to it's appearance and sound.:E

[b]F600[/b] (factory 600) is like [b]NASCAR[/b], (Nascar on Ice) Stock appearing Sleds, with up to date factory available engines, keeps manufacture's involved and trail rider fans happy.:C
And

[b]OUTLAW 600[/b] can cater to the[b]SPRINT CAR[/b] fans (World of OUTLAWS on ICE), caged vehicle sliding through the corners.:B

Then these classes need to be advertised as such through out Motorsport publications.

This way our sport can offer something to the whole motorsport fan base in the Winter time,

All at one event over the course of a weekend! WOW![/quote]

You are 100% right
Ovals Forever

New Champ 440 look

Postby proracer » November 2nd, 2011, 6:47 pm

Yes, you are right my friend.:)

JV#96
proracer

New Champ 440 look

Postby EPT VP/Tech Director » November 3rd, 2011, 12:54 am

who will find the hooker name?

Claude Paiement
EPT
Claude Paiement
eptracing.com
EPT VP/Tech Director

New Champ 440 look

Postby PDRacing » November 3rd, 2011, 3:41 am

[quote=EPT VP/Tech Director]who will find the hooker name?

Claude Paiement
EPT[/quote]

LOL
But Claude would you be the [b]Bernie Ecclestone[/b] of our series then? :W

Nothing like a scandal for free publicity!!

That is one of the best thing about Quebec, lots of beautiful Girls!:)
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Return to Ovals & Enduros