Subscribe Today

Champ Clutch Guard

Champ Clutch Guard

Postby Schmidt87 » December 15th, 2011, 6:36 am

Im looking for some examples, photos, or suggestions for making a clutch guard.:h This if the first hood I've ran without side pannels ( one piece body) Should it be fully enclosed or vented somehow? I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Tyler
Schmidt87

Champ Clutch Guard

Postby EPT VP/Tech Director » December 15th, 2011, 6:52 am

1. (Mandatory in all classes except Stock where it is recommended.) The clutch cover must be separate of cowl configuration and cover clutches down to center of clutch bolt or below. Must be .060 inch, 6061T6 aluminum or equivalent steel material and be covered with 6 inch wide belting. Snowmobile with removable side panels may bolt clutch cover to side panel to meet this requirement.
Claude Paiement
eptracing.com
EPT VP/Tech Director

Champ Clutch Guard

Postby Schmidt87 » December 16th, 2011, 11:59 am

I'm highly dissapointed. You mean to tell me out of 230 views of this post the only advice or tips anyone could give is the isr rules? ?? No offence to Claude any info was still better than being ignored
Schmidt87

Champ Clutch Guard

Postby WopOnTour » December 16th, 2011, 12:06 pm

What type of "belting" is considered acceptable? What must it be made of? leather? rubber? Kevlar??
WOT
~~~ Just an Old-Time Twister Twister ~~~
WopOnTour

Champ Clutch Guard

Postby mbenoy119 » December 16th, 2011, 12:12 pm

Tyler, I might have one you can have, I will look. It was on a Hooper Champ I had, I built a new one when I got it. I will see if I can find it tomorrow in the shed and I will let you know.
mbenoy119

Champ Clutch Guard

Postby watcher » December 16th, 2011, 2:15 pm

Tyler, take a chill pill! have a beer or two, its brown and wet outside, you have all year to get that sled done (no snow or ice), come down this way and Troy and I will take you out for some fun and great food at Gregs Tap in Adell :) LOL

watcher
watcher

Champ Clutch Guard

Postby polarisracer 72 » December 16th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Sounds Like a great idea, when we goin? Tomorrow night? Stop in and we could put some spit miles on!!!!

troy
polarisracer 72

Champ Clutch Guard

Postby Flatout » December 16th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Claude are you allowed to drill holes in the clutch guard and belting? If so how many holes are you allowed and how big can they be? Since the guard is supposed to be there to stop an exploding clutch from escaping I think this is also an area that has been overlooked and should be enforced more closely. I saw a lot of Swiss cheese looking belt guards that would be lucky to stop a blown belt let alone an exploding 102C Perhaps someone needs to lose a nut before smartening up! And about this I'm not joking...
Flatout

Champ Clutch Guard

Postby ifswrenchman#89 » December 17th, 2011, 2:53 am

Tyler go to firstplaceparts.com and click on hard parts and then clutch covers the ones on there are what you are looking for.

later chris#89 H&T racing
ifswrenchman#89

Champ Clutch Guard

Postby PDRacing » December 17th, 2011, 4:36 am

Hey Howie,

Even with a good guard didn't you have one just miss your head and part of it get you in the gonads when your's exploded years ago at St Henri Race?

I remember you hobbling around for the weekend.

Any less of a clutch guard it could kill you.
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros