Subscribe Today

Amherst Track

Amherst Track

Postby MPH 3739 » December 23rd, 2011, 12:07 am

Just wondering how the track building is going.

We have been watching the weather its been warm.

Jeff@MPH
MPH 3739

Amherst Track

Postby PC ICEWARS » December 23rd, 2011, 4:22 am

Just left the track starting to take shape. Yes mother nature forgot it is winter for a while but I think she is starting to figure it out. We are almost half way there and the nights look better so we will keep dumping. Looking forward to seeing everyone, should be a great show. See you all in 14 days.

Kyle Krogwold
PC Ice Wars
PC ICEWARS

Amherst Track

Postby MPH 3739 » December 27th, 2011, 9:18 am

Hows the track holding up ??????
MPH 3739

Amherst Track

Postby PC ICEWARS » December 27th, 2011, 4:42 pm

Jeff,
And everyone else that is concerned we have been in a grudge match with ma nature it is 12 degrees tonight at 10:30 the water is freezing good. We are sitting at 8 inches in our worste spots which is obviosley in the corners we have 10 days to get more ice on. The good news is we have a forecast of cold nights coming and some great equipment to get the job done. We are running every minute we can putting down water and are very confident there will not be any problems making a quality and safe track by race day. The sad thing is we dont believe Fridays teat and tune will happen we will do everything in our power to make it happen do not depend on it. We will post if we have test and tune by Sunday morning new years day when we sober up and can type again oh thats right we can't type sober.

PS if anyone has a yacht for sale in the carribean call me 715-572 5957 ask for Kyle will pay cash
PC ICEWARS

Amherst Track

Postby iceracer030 » January 1st, 2012, 11:52 am

any updates on the track
iceracer030

Amherst Track

Postby PC ICEWARS » January 1st, 2012, 3:15 pm

Well here we go we have after alot of thought we decided to cancel test and tune on Friday. Our ice building has going suprisingly well we will hit our mark to have a safe and great race but the forecast is for mid 30's on friday and we are concerned that would tear up the track to much. We have some very important racing through the weekend and would rather keep that up to the quality and safety all of you expect from the promoters. For the racers that will be arriving Thursday night of Friday we have talked to USSA and they will be there to tech Friday from 2 p.m. on, to make things smoother on Saturday morning.
I wish I had better news because I know how little racing all of you have had due to the weather we have had but I know how far some of you travel so wanted to get this to you as soon as I could.

See you this weekend.
Kyle
PC Ice Wars
PC ICEWARS

Amherst Track

Postby mbenoy119 » January 2nd, 2012, 2:27 am

Tough call Kyle, but the right call!
mbenoy119

Return to Ovals & Enduros