Subscribe Today

F-500 Legal Fuel

F-500 Legal Fuel

Postby Petawawarace » December 29th, 2011, 4:07 am

So I believe we can get pump gas that has no ethanol here in Canada still but I'm not 100% sure. But I know you cannot get it from the US because everything has ethanol in it now.

What is the ruling going to be for this? Will you allow it to fail the meter test, or are we going to have to buy expensive race gas in order to pass the test? I plan on hitting the dyno this weekend, but I want to know what gas I will be allowed to use.

Thanks,
Jeff
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

F-500 Legal Fuel

Postby polarisracer 72 » December 29th, 2011, 4:10 am

There are alot of stations here in the U.S. that has Premium fuel without the ethanol in it. Posted on the pumps.

troy
polarisracer 72

F-500 Legal Fuel

Postby watcher » December 29th, 2011, 4:32 am

http://pure-gas.org

check this out, click on the state you want, then find a city. it will show you the stations that have Ethanol Free Fuels.

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS: THE FIRST FUEL OUT OF THE HOSE IS WHAT THE LAST PERSON BOUGHT! So if there is only one grade of fuel that is ETHANOL Free and there is only ONE HOSE. if the last person bought Ethanol fuel, the first out of the hose is going to have ETHANOL. Pump the first stuff in your Generator, ATV ot Truck then into your race can. HAVE YOUR FUEL TESTED BEFORE YOUR PUT IT INTO YOUR SLED. NEVER ASSUME IT GOOD FUEL!

watcher
watcher

F-500 Legal Fuel

Postby tifa_5_2000 » December 29th, 2011, 5:26 am

its about time to allow up to 12% ethanol. you can always add it later but you cant get it out.
tifa_5_2000

F-500 Legal Fuel

Postby watcher » December 29th, 2011, 5:31 am

do you realy mean that? then the game starts! i'll feel sorry for the Tech Guys then!

Watcher
watcher

F-500 Legal Fuel

Postby PC ICEWARS » December 29th, 2011, 5:43 am

For anyone coming to the Amherst race there is a gas station down town Amherst called Falcon One Stop their 91 octane is ethanol free ask one of our group or look in our ad book for location.
Kyle
PC ICEWARS

F-500 Legal Fuel

Postby watcher » December 29th, 2011, 5:59 am

Kyle, i just added them to the web site for Ethanol Free Gas. THANKS

Watcher
watcher

F-500 Legal Fuel

Postby prochamp » December 29th, 2011, 6:18 am

DO NOT ALLOW MORE THEN 10%. I have been testing current pump grade fuel over the last 3 weeks with a rep from Lucas Oil. Lucas has a product Called Methanol Safeguard that is working Very Well in reducing the amount of methanol % and making it safe for use in our stock compression trail sled motors. If you allow for more then 10% then you are leaving room for OXY bearing additives that can be suspended in the ethanol in the fuel Briggs and Stratton has a very easy to use Fuel test vial to test for alcohol and methanol in fuel. They make it for the Karting Industry! EVERY Racer should have one in there tool box to check there own fuel. They are less then $10 for the tester and it takes all of about 1 minute to check fuel, even at the pump before you pump it into your can. Anyone that wants a tester I have them available or go to any Lawn Mower Dealer and they can order them in. The Briggs part number is 795161

Here is a link for testing ethanol [url=http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/ethanolTest.html]Ethanol test[/url]
prochamp

F-500 Legal Fuel

Postby mbenoy119 » December 29th, 2011, 7:33 am

[quote=watcher]do you realy mean that? then the game starts! i'll feel sorry for the Tech Guys then!

Watcher[/quote]

I couldn't agree more with you Terry. All it will do is open a door for people to play the game and cause your already over-worked tech staff to do a lot more work.
mbenoy119

F-500 Legal Fuel

Postby Nutty » December 29th, 2011, 7:38 am

Most Canadian pumps have a sticker on the pump that says up to 15% ethanol
Nutty

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros