Subscribe Today

Test Track

Test Track

Postby teambehnracing » September 10th, 2012, 3:33 pm

We are in need of a test track for the upcoming season. Most testing would be done in December. We have worn out our resources around here. The DNR and local authourities know all about us around here. We are willing to travel for a weekend(if needed). If anybody can help us out that would be awesome. We are willing to pay a fee if needed.
Please PM me or call me on my cell 715/412-1232
Thanks
Dan Behn #78
teambehnracing

Test Track

Postby TWag1 » September 11th, 2012, 2:12 am

In other words, Waupaca County is on the look-out for that notorious "Behn Gang"!!!!
TWag1

Test Track

Postby kenlacy » September 11th, 2012, 5:23 am

Just tell them there is another Scott Walker recall election in Madison the weekend you are going to test!
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Test Track

Postby prochamp » September 11th, 2012, 11:26 am

In Michigan or Indiana all you have to do is have the sled registered just like a trail sled with a trail permit and we can test anywhere.

Alot of guys test at Brimley on the Bay Ice. I also understand that in Munising they test there as well.What reason does the DNR give you in Wisconsin that you cant test?? Is it the speed limit? or Noise or both??.. Have you tired to get a permit from the DNR to test just like having a race event?? Some guys do that in Michigan when more then one want to test/play
prochamp

Test Track

Postby that 31 car » September 11th, 2012, 11:46 am

It's a little harder in Wisconsin. Must be registered, first off, then comes the exhaust/noise issue. Decibel limits control exhaust and aftermarket mufflers are immediately suspect. Trail riders don't make it with "rumble pacs" must less snuffers on a open chamber.
Then if you plow a track, you are liable for anyone who comes across it after you leave, actually the law says you must return it to the natural state. Other little law annoyances make it hard to do in Wisconsin.
Some nice shallow bays and protected areas are around, but most are quite prized and not necessarily shared. Most guys fortunately find a place to test, with accommodating neighbors, but as city moves to country, and more lake shore homes pop up, its a lot harder.
that 31 car

Test Track

Postby HRA motorsports » September 11th, 2012, 1:27 pm

The way danielle was driving at wega last year i figured you guys used the waupaca county fair grounds as a test track jk. I usually look for the car tracks when they start racing on shawano and caroline.The ice gets really grooved from the tires but i dont have a plow so beggers cant be choosers. Last year there wasnt much good ice to be found early in the year. A guy i knew raced bikes out on winnebago. Those things arent very quiet. He told me that the dnr cant do to much with them because dirt bikes arent able to be registered in WI. Now would that hold true with a race sled it doesnt have headlights and working brakelights so is that able to be registered as a trail snowmobile
HRA motorsports

Test Track

Postby teambehnracing » September 11th, 2012, 3:57 pm

I have inquired about the fairgrounds(insurance is the issue) and we don't build it early enough. The dnr and authorities have for the most part(left us alone), however when they get a complaint they have to act. As they have. We have so far just been warned and they have been good about it. We just want to test without having to look over our shoulder. If we were registered with a stock pipe we would be fine. If it wasn't for some people watching the football game not liking the noise we would be fine(they need to get a life). I just wish we could go and test like we do with the car every Tuesday night and nobody bothers. I have seriously thought about building a test facility for all to use(would it be cost effective?).
If anybody does know of a spot please let me know.
Thanks
Dan Behn #78
teambehnracing

Test Track

Postby polarisracer 72 » September 11th, 2012, 4:07 pm

I registered my sleds just to keep the DNR happy, but yes the noise is an issue. The biggest problem though by me is those damn ice fishermen..... They won't go out untill you plow a track, then they pilfer it full of holes!!

troy
polarisracer 72

Test Track

Postby teambehnracing » September 12th, 2012, 3:14 pm

oh yea, the ice fishermen. they do the same by us. LOL
Dan Behn #78
teambehnracing

Test Track

Postby Ovals Forever » September 17th, 2012, 5:14 pm

[quote=teambehnracing]We are in need of a test track for the upcoming season. Most testing would be done in December. We have worn out our resources around here. The DNR and local authourities know all about us around here. We are willing to travel for a weekend(if needed). If anybody can help us out that would be awesome. We are willing to pay a fee if needed.
Please PM me or call me on my cell 715/412-1232
Thanks[/quote]

I wish we didn't live so dam far apart, I have a big slue behind my house and no one cares what goes on around here and you wouldn't have to pay a fey either, hell Id put you up and let you use my heated garage just to watch you test.
I have a little bobcat with a snow blower, could make the track any size you want.
Ovals Forever

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros