Subscribe Today

Amherst Ice Conditions??

Amherst Ice Conditions??

Postby ZR PILOT » December 26th, 2012, 7:33 am

I know the great people associated with putting on the event at Amherst next weekend (Jan 5-6, 2013) are doing everything possible to be able to put on their show and Rd. 1 of the TLR Cup as well as the USSA Season Opener. Mother Nature hasn't been very kind to the state of Wisconsin so far this winter in regards to cold enough temperatures condusive to ice making. Does anyone, associated with the Amherst group, know how the track making is coming along up there....in regards to being able to hold the scheduled event for next weekend?!? Any info is greatly appreciated!! Thank you - Happy Holidays!
A fan of snowmobile oval racing!! ;)
ZR PILOT

Amherst Ice Conditions??

Postby PC ICEWARS » December 26th, 2012, 7:47 am

Just got back from the track with Mark Powers from USSA it is a thing of beauty (obviously I am talking about the track and not Mark). Seriously we have had a real good week of pouring and have about five inches down so far and the forecast looks great for the next week and a half to keep rolling. We probably won't have a break before the race but the track will definitely ready.
I will keep everyone posted as we go.
Kyle
PC ICEWARS

Amherst Ice Conditions??

Postby ZR PILOT » December 26th, 2012, 7:58 am

That is AWESOME news!! I knew you guys were animals. Keep up the great work!! I'll see what I can do to make it up there for a day!
A fan of snowmobile oval racing!! ;)
ZR PILOT

Amherst Ice Conditions??

Postby TWag1 » December 27th, 2012, 6:50 am

[quote=PC ICEWARS]the forecast looks great for the next week and a half to keep rolling. Kyle[/quote]

That's probably due to your lifestyle - - all that clean living pays dividends!
TWag1

Amherst Ice Conditions??

Postby PC ICEWARS » December 27th, 2012, 8:55 am

I resemble that comment !
PC ICEWARS

Amherst Ice Conditions??

Postby Ovals Forever » December 27th, 2012, 10:05 am

Everyone have fun and no injuries there is an $80,000 purse a couple weeks away dont get sidelined now.
Happy New Year Everyone
Ovals Forever

Amherst Ice Conditions??

Postby HRA motorsports » December 28th, 2012, 6:35 am

anyone have any info on what is going on next friday. I see on the ice wars website the gates open at 1 and practice at 3 pending conditions. are the gates opening at 1 for the racers or can we park are trailers earlier and any word on a time we can get our sleds and equipment inspected. thanks pc ice wars for dumpin a bunch of water out for us to have fun on.
HRA motorsports

Amherst Ice Conditions??

Postby PC ICEWARS » December 28th, 2012, 7:08 am

We will be ready for racers from thursday on the only thing we ask is if you come late and no one is there to help park you please park anywhere and when we get there we will move you into a spot. We try to keep it somewhat organized to save space for spectator parking also.
PC ICEWARS

Amherst Ice Conditions??

Postby HRA motorsports » December 31st, 2012, 11:42 am

The track looks pretty nice from the pictures I see on the portagecountyicewars website. Thanks guys for laying the ice down.
HRA motorsports

Return to Ovals & Enduros