Subscribe Today

Jerry Korinek is the root of all problems in Oval Racing.

Postby TheLynch » January 14th, 2013, 6:02 am

The guy has been around for ever. We know he has forgotten more about this sport than most of us know, but every night has its dawn and every rose has its thorn and his presence is once again pushing excellent racers out of this sport. The good ol boys club is over.
TheLynch

Postby 9racingteam » January 14th, 2013, 8:43 am

Care to expand on your comment?
9racingteam

Postby mbenoy119 » January 14th, 2013, 9:30 am

I have more respect for Jerry Korinek than any other person I've dealt with in snowmobile racing. I couldn't possibly thank him enough for what he has given to the sport. This is coming from someone who has been nose to nose with him on more than one occasion because I didn't agree with something. Regardless of the issues though, every day was a new clean slate. Unless you have walked a mile in those shoes, I wouldn't judge... Just my .02

Mike Benoy
mbenoy119

Postby 323Driver » January 14th, 2013, 10:52 am

The fact that you call someone out a forum of this nature using gaudy 80's ballad lyrics tells me you are the problem.
Grow up and address this like an adult, and keep the rest of us out of it.

Chip Hendry
323Driver

Postby kenlacy » January 14th, 2013, 11:01 am

My first experience with Korinek was gettting DQ'd for Friday Night Thunder in my first attempt at F500 in ER. I made a mistake, he did the right thing. I was not happy, but he was right.

Thanks Jerry for all you do!

Ken Lacy
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby 1p48 » January 14th, 2013, 11:49 am

no name on profile, random stupid comment.. yeah,,,, we take you seriuosly....
1p48

Postby watcher » January 14th, 2013, 12:26 pm

Jerry K has done more this sport and is still doing then a NO NAME BUTT HOLE who can't put his/her name on here. If you where a true man/lady get your a$$ out of your mouth and go face to face with Jerry!

The problem i see with NO NAME FOLKS is they are the biggest cheater that are killing our Sport, hate to follow rules, never learn good sportmanship and every time they look in the mirror all they see is their own A$$!

Jerry keep up the great job!!

Watcher (Terry Kumrow)
watcher

Postby HRA motorsports » January 14th, 2013, 12:32 pm

bobspears posts make more sense than this guys topic. Someone must have gotten dqed recently and is still salty.
HRA motorsports

Postby am88 » January 14th, 2013, 12:41 pm

I've been silent on here for about a year and for good reason. This post is the perfect example of why that was. Anonymity is a problem on this site, and for those of us with sponsors who use this site to keep informed this kind of trash talk hurts our sport in more ways than just discouraging the corporate support we depend on. I've been there just like Benoy, but it's not even worth mentioning compared to the hundreds (literally) hundreds of times I've appreciated and thought about all the good he has done for our sport over just the last 18 years that I've been directly involved in ice oval racing with the USSA.

Personal attacks do not belong on this site. Jerry would gladly give you his phone number and deal with your issue personally.

I believe USSA would not exist and ice oval racing would just be a memory of a sport we used to love if not for the dedication of people like Jerry Korinek. And once I'm here typing, same for the Sheers and the sport in general. We need dedication and we need to deal with those that are so dedicated. This next comment is to say nothing about Korinek or Sheer's and anyone's specific issues with them but the same truth holds -- reality is it takes all kinds and even in every day to day business I do not care for all the people I work with, but I appreciate their dedication to their beliefs, methods, sincerity, and ability to keep things moving week after week, year after year in spite of very real external and internal pressures.

So please, keep this site professional and help make it a useful tool for helping our sport. Public in-fighting, real, imaginary, or a bit of both, doesn't help what is already a sport that is in a desperate time of need.

Thanks to Korinek, thanks for listening, and have a great week.

Andy Moyle

PS -- we have snow in the Copper Country!!
AM
am88

Postby Fontaine Racing » January 14th, 2013, 12:43 pm

WOW
trust me Jerry and I have not seen eye to eye at times,but thank god he has thick skin.
Jerry is in fact a true asset to the sport!!
remember if you never do anything you will probably never piss anyone off.
THANKS Jerry for everything you have done and are still doing.
Fontaines
Fontaine Racing

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros