Subscribe Today

pvr

pvr

Postby water walker » January 28th, 2013, 2:40 am

QUESTION REMOVED BY REQUEST -- moderator
water walker

pvr

Postby Twister89 » January 28th, 2013, 3:00 am

Pvr wasn't even at Wausau....the vintage races at Wausau were held by the Snopro series. Pvr raced in Richland center last weekend
Twister89

pvr

Postby Corey C » January 28th, 2013, 3:38 am

[quote=water walker]want to know why pvr would anounce at wausau that ora race in ogilve was canceled? when is not[/quote]

You might want to edit your post because PVR has nothing to do with any Wausau race and the only thing they annoucned at Wausau was that the next TLR race is in Ogilve next weekend.
Corey C

pvr

Postby TWag1 » January 28th, 2013, 5:09 am

Doug Fontaine spoke briefly at the driver's meeting to let all know that the Oglivie race was on as scheduled. Apparently rumors to the contrary had been circulating, and he asked for the opportunity to set the record straight after (I believe) talking to the promoter directly.

He didn't announce himself as being an official representative of ANY organization - just wanted to pass the information along.
TWag1

pvr

Postby that 31 car » January 28th, 2013, 5:33 am

I confirm Tom's post. As a matter of fact I spoke by phone to Mr. Timmer to check on the event and what the conditions are at the facility. USSA's interest was strictly from the TLR Cup event at Ogilvie. Many Champ drivers had heard the rumors and posed questions. When Mr. Fontaine asked to present at the meeting it was felt that he would be a suitable representative as he has a son in the TLR cup program and also is a person that associates on a frequent basis with ORA administrative people. We wish to thank Doug and Bryan for their input and help in this matter. No mention of sanctioning bodies or conflict were mentioned. Only a promotion for the ORA/TLR event.
Thanks again Doug and Mr. Timmer.
that 31 car

pvr

Postby crewdog » January 28th, 2013, 7:45 am

Thanks for all the help correcting the rumor mill. It's amazing how these things start and spread. Bryan Timmer started getting questioned about it at the Eagle River Derby weekend, and had gotten several phone calls last week. Also concerned people have been calling the Ogilvie Raceway last week as they also heard the race was cancelled.
Ugly Ugly stuff then people start rumors.
Thanks again... and See everyone in Ogilvie!!!

Monty Normand
ORA President
crewdog

pvr

Postby 3springers26 » January 28th, 2013, 11:10 am

Correct PVR was not affiliated with the wausau race.. we were @ Richland center On saturday..kurt andrews PVR board member
3springers26

pvr

Postby kriegs33 » January 29th, 2013, 3:19 am

Monty thanks for The Clarification also. Yes it is amazing how these rumors start and continue. As 3springer said above PVR was not at the Wausau Race. We had our 2nd of our 5 race series in Richland Center Wi. last saturday with a turnout of about 226 entries. We have been helping promote the ORA race in Ogilve and even have a topic on our PVR website to announce it. This last year has been a great year of growth with the relationship of the PVR group and the ORA group. Many of them came and supported our Race in Ironwood and Many of our PVR drivers are going to Ogilve this coming weekend to race. Monty and our President Tom Persha have had many conversations about working together to make the best racing ever. Thanks to all that helped clear this up. Good luck to the ORA for this weekend. Weather looks to be cold and race ready.
Kriegs #33 PVR
Director
kriegs33

pvr

Postby Fontaine Racing » January 29th, 2013, 12:14 pm

HI guys
sorry pvr. got the shot here. I think this rumor got started this summer when the Ogilvie raceway was advertised in a dirt car magazine "for sale"
So naturally everyone thinks the worst! I started getting questions about this right away, (probably becouse I was more involved with the ORA. and the origianal organization of this race in the past?)
Nate (track manager, and friend) and I talked this summer a couple times, and have chatted with him a time or to lately, last time was last thurs. also talked with Brian. both said that they were hearing that the race was cancelled rumors, I also was still getting questions at eagle river from racers. so since I had talked and confirmed things with a couple of the main players. the people at USSA. allowed me to make an anouncement (on my own behalf) at the sunday drivers meeting that the race was definitely going on, and please ignore any rumors.
THANK YOU to the USSA. staff
with that said, people have been working very hard to give us a great place to race! they have 16 + inches of Ice ,the ORA. will be practicing safety first as usual with there bailing/snow fence system.
This Is A top notch facility ran by top notch people, check out the Ora website and ogilve raceway site for more info.
OH I also seen a post on another site that pvr Is actualy scoring year end points for there members that attend this event! pretty nice on there behalf to help send some drivers over!!
THANKS to all the hard working people that are making this event Happen!
Doug Fontaine
Fontaine Racing

pvr

Postby Corey C » January 29th, 2013, 5:48 pm

[quote=kriegs33]Monty thanks for The Clarification also. Yes it is amazing how these rumors start and continue. As 3springer said above PVR was not at the Wausau Race. We had our 2nd of our 5 race series in Richland Center Wi. last saturday with a turnout of about 226 entries. We have been helping promote the ORA race in Ogilve and even have a topic on our PVR website to announce it. This last year has been a great year of growth with the relationship of the PVR group and the ORA group. Many of them came and supported our Race in Ironwood and Many of our PVR drivers are going to Ogilve this coming weekend to race. Monty and our President Tom Persha have had many conversations about working together to make the best racing ever. Thanks to all that helped clear this up. Good luck to the ORA for this weekend. Weather looks to be cold and race ready.
Kriegs #33 PVR
Director[/quote]

Why don't you tell everyone how you "worked together" to hose the Wausau 525 Vintage race this weekend? For those of you that missed it over on Vintagesleds.com before it got deleted I'll give you the cliffnotes:

1 PVR makes a thread on Vintage Sleds saying that even though it ain't a PVR race they will be giving out PVR points to all their members who race there on Saturday.

2 Backlash is massive and swift (some from PVR members). PVR did this for the sole purpose of trying to influence people to go to Olgyvie instead of Wausau 525 Vintage races. Total b**ch move. Several people call them on it.

3 kriegs33 from PVR responds saying "it's all a misunderstanding" and PVR did this because a bunch of ORA vintage guys came to PVR's Ironwood race. He also said that the Olgyvie points thing was up on PVR's website before the Wausau Vintage race was announced. Which was a straight up lie because the Wausau race was announced way before ORA put out their schedule. In order for that statement to be true PVR would have had to have an announcement on their website that they were giving out points to a race that has not even been scheduled yet. Sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation right? (sarcasm)

4 It is also pointed out that vintage racing will be in Olgylvie on Friday Night & Saturday and PVR decided only to give out points to race there on Sat.

5 So with several people putting PVR on blast and catching them in lies they go crying to a moderator and get the thread taken down. Then that moderator puts up a locked thread that says "if you want to discuss the matter any further to do so on PVR's forum (where you have to be a member to post)." LOL I guess that's one way to make sure only your version of the story gets seen.

Also want to say I am not in any way shape or form associated with the 525 group or their races.
Corey C

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros