Subscribe Today

Formula 500 primary clutching

Postby cheater67x » September 21st, 2013, 10:06 am

agree with that,but lets be real, try and find ,its the crappiest job at the track,everybody likes u until u do your job,then they hate you ,thats easy to say,hard to get

but your correct ,the gray stuff is what burns out tech guys, black-white ,thats how it has to be or it dont count. then the tech guys job is easy
cheater67x

Postby Flatout » September 21st, 2013, 2:10 pm

Yes there will always be those that choose to spend their way around the rules and have 4 or 5 P85 clutches set up but those guys should be in champ not F500. At least with the "no QC rule" everyone now racing will not have to get their credit cards out to buy a new clutch to be on a level playing field. I would like the class to keep simple and low cost and not evolve into another champ class. If QC is allowed the only winner will be Micro Belmont.
Flatout

Postby cheater67x » September 21st, 2013, 3:06 pm

let me ask it this way,being this is what this thread is really about.
Should pvr match isr rules or keep them different .
whats best for the club?

we will welcome all opinions
cheater67x

Postby think_07 » September 21st, 2013, 4:06 pm

F500 rules should all be the same across the board everywhere. This way anyone can come to a race anytime with their sled and not have to worry about not making it through tech with different rules or not attending at all cause they dont have the right parts
think_07

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » September 21st, 2013, 4:14 pm

Paul, I would lean towards the same rules as ISR for the PVR club. Only for the reason that you would pick up other sleds on off weekends that would be near your events or for fellows that love to travel. I guess if the club didn't want to go that way, you'll just have less sleds at some events.

On the quick change I would love to be able to use them, but feel it would be an advantage for a fellow that's running five sleds in a particular class. So you most likely won't see us using it, outside of maybe testing as you can make changes much quicker and that's what testing is about.

I hope when the rules get looked at for F-500, there are not to many wholesale changes. The rules are quite good in most cases and spelled out what can and can't be done. Many will push for an open shock rule, I'm against it and it will help out guys that have been around much more than the new fellow. It's a great class and growing more than any other class in ovals, and really for any class for a very very long time. Something must be right for it to happen
Spy-Guy 74

Postby Petawawarace » September 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm

Spot on Greg. I think changing the rules at all will do no good. Clarify a few grey areas and lock it in for another 5 years.

As for PVR running the same rules or not, I would think its a no-brainer to follow the same rules.
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby kriegs33 » September 22nd, 2013, 12:48 am

Thanks guys for all the great input. That's what I was in need of. Thanks Greg and Howard that's exactly what I was thinking for Formula 500. We are having our fall director meeting coming up in a couple weeks and Paul had caught that our rules are exact except for the clause no quick change clutches which ours spells out. I have heard a few times that ISR rules don't allow quick changes yet it's not spelled out in black and white that they do not. I even spoke with Some builders of F500s and they said they should not be in the class and didn't know of any that are out there using them. With our Ironwood Provintage Race early January and the Woody's CUP feature being 340IFSX and formula 500 combo I want to make sure that everyone qualifies to race That will be also a great test session for the following weekend USSA TLR Ironwood race
Kriegs
kriegs33

Postby cheater67x » September 22nd, 2013, 1:23 am

i agree,a open shock rule would add cost,this is not champ class
there are some spirt of the rules type of questions about bracing and re enforcment also,i think this needs to be cleared up.
cheater67x

Postby HRA motorsports » September 22nd, 2013, 2:34 am

I think the shock rule is one of the best rules of this class. It is what I call one of the equalizers that keeps this class so competitive. Everybody is on the same playing field. Yeah the sleds would be faster and they wouldnt drive like lumber wagons with shocks on them that cost hundreds of dollars more. I havent bought shocks in a while but If I remember correctly for 2 front and 1 rear factory polaris shocks is like 100 bucks cant beat that can you.
HRA motorsports

Postby Petawawarace » September 22nd, 2013, 3:01 am

Paul, what is wrong with the bracing rule?
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros