Subscribe Today

WPSA Flagmen

WPSA Flagmen

Postby EXOFF » February 28th, 2006, 2:38 am

I just wan to say...Hats off to the flagmen of WPSA. I have been to many races and to tell ya, some of those guy's are absolutly awsome when it comes time to do what they do. The second Park X race (buffalo I belive) the flagman on the second uphill was unbeliveable. he was up and down his hill all day. Pushing broken sleds, responding to injured riders, and never missed a flag. They stand out there all day in the cold without a chance to warm up at all. I don't go to every race but I'm sure they perform the same every week. I don't belive that I could do what they do. It must be a true love for the sport or they money is really good. Anyway...keep up the great work guy's. I know I appreciate what you do, and I'm certain the racers do to.
EXOFF

WPSA Flagmen

Postby ImL8rr » February 28th, 2006, 5:36 am

I agree for the most part. However, I saw an incredibly bad call by Doug Morrisey (the starter) at the X Games when he sent Steve Martin to the back row for creeping!! Which, he (Doug) said later that he had made a mistake.
ImL8rr

WPSA Flagmen

Postby Bunzai » February 28th, 2006, 11:25 am

That's a true but unfair comment to make about Doug. We all make mistakes in everyday life, the trouble is that Doug made his on National TV. To his credit, he apparently stepped up and admitted it...not easy to do. He did what he thought was right at the time and didn't have instant replay to back up his call.

I agree with the original statement, all of the flaggers deserve some kind of recognition for standing out there all day long. Not just WPSA, but anyone who does this for any organization on their weekends "off"
Bunzai

WPSA Flagmen

Postby ImL8rr » February 28th, 2006, 3:40 pm

How is that an unfair statement??? What's unfair is that Martin didn't even have a chance!!!
ImL8rr

WPSA Flagmen

Postby Bunzai » February 28th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Actually that's not true. He wasn't banished from the race, he simply had to start from behind the front row. He was up to fifth and was closing in on fourth before he crashed all by himself....
#3 WON in Winnipeg from the back row, so it can be done and Martin has the talent to do it. It was unfortunate, but he could have easily done it.
Bunzai

WPSA Flagmen

Postby JLH » March 1st, 2006, 4:18 am

I AGREE THAT THESE FLAGGERS DO A HELL OF A GOOD JOB ITS JUST TOO BAD THAT WHEN THEY DO THEIR JOB BY CALLING IN ILLEGAL PASSES THAT THE PEOPLE THEY REPORT TO DONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. WE HAVE JUST LEARNED ABOUT TWO ILLEGAL PASSES THAT WERE CALLED IN DURING THE X GAMES FINAL, BOTH OF WHICH WERE MADE BY 2 RIDERS THAT FINISHED ON THE PODIUM ITS TOO BAD THAT THERE IS SO MUCH POLITICS INVOLVED IN THESE RACES.
JLH

WPSA Flagmen

Postby Bunzai » March 1st, 2006, 3:44 pm

Actually your agreeing with ONE persons observation. If you beleive the statement based on this individuals comments, you probably beleive in Santa Claus too!
Think about it....all of the race teams have scanners and listen into the conversations that the WPSA officials have. Don't you find it odd that not one race team or team representative/manager complained after the race? All of the teams had people all over the track and it would have been impossible for that to have escaped everyones eyes, especially with so much at stake.
Bunzai

WPSA Flagmen

Postby ImL8rr » March 12th, 2006, 9:57 am

[quote=Bunzai]Actually that's not true. He wasn't banished from the race, he simply had to start from behind the front row. He was up to fifth and was closing in on fourth before he crashed all by himself....
#3 WON in Winnipeg from the back row, so it can be done and Martin has the talent to do it. It was unfortunate, but he could have easily done it.[/quote]

It's different coming from the back row in a 20 lap final as opposed to a six lap heat race!!!!!!
ImL8rr

WPSA Flagmen

Postby JLH » March 13th, 2006, 3:15 pm

WELL I WORK FOR ONE OF THE TEAMS AND I DONT KNOW OF ANY TEAMS THAT HAVE SCANNERS TO LISTEN IN ON THE WPSA OFFICIALS. AND OF THE OWNERS NOT COMPLAINING, I KNOW OF ONE OWNER THAT DID AND IT DID NO GOOD.
JLH

Return to Snocross