Subscribe Today

Swapping out motors

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Swapping out motors

Postby crazymountain » July 31st, 2002, 3:34 pm

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not a 800 motor will fit in a 440? My wife has a little race sled, Skidoo MXZX 440, loves everything about the sled, but she needs MORE power. I was thinking about getting either a 670 motor and sending it to PSI to do their thing to it and make it an 825, or was wanting to just put in a stock 800. Thought I had it decided but I keep getting conflicting stories on what is going to fit. Anyone with the opinion that my wife just needs to get another sled, no need to comment, she won't hear ya!
crazymountain

Swapping out motors

Postby PRO-X » July 31st, 2002, 4:01 pm

Maybee with a good Hacksaw and the crowbar you can get it to fit. I would say it depends on how much money you want to spend. Im sure you could fit the motor in but the cowl may not fit back on the sled. Just my 2 cents....
"Im not tailgating......Im drafting"
PRO-X

Swapping out motors

Postby all out racing » August 2nd, 2002, 11:01 am

What year is it? If its a zx chassis both motors will fit with out a doubt, u'll just need a little bit elbow grease and time.
------------------------
i'm pretty sure yamaha could sell cow $hit for food to the same guys that bought all the rx1 hype...
all out racing

Swapping out motors

Postby Xtreme XC » August 2nd, 2002, 6:25 pm

The worst that you'll have to do is make new motor mounting plates. I did a project 2 years ago with a '99 Edge 440 and put a full SLP mod 700 in it. It was pretty straight forward. Just had to make new mounting plates and a few other tweeks. I think I had more fun building the sled than riding it!!
[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/buddypaw/smallpic.jpg[/IMG]
Xtreme XC

Swapping out motors

Postby PRO-X » August 3rd, 2002, 4:54 am

Thats was a sweet looking sled though Buddy, how fast would that thing go, I liked the finish on the pipes too.
"Im not tailgating......Im drafting"
PRO-X

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum