Subscribe Today

Staggered Fully Enclosed Trailers

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby snowraser » September 30th, 2002, 4:42 am

The only thing I noticed when I looked into them is that they were very expensive.
4 strokes r better than 2
snowraser

Postby tcat2 » September 30th, 2002, 7:10 am

Well ... I don't know if this helps ... I don't have a new one ... I have an old 1990 Wells Cargo 16' Snowmobile Trailer, dual axel with brakes on all 4 wheels. It is only 90" wide. back in 1990 it could hold 3-4 sleds, today it holds 2 ... Staggered. There is a lot of room for Xtra's (Tools, Gas, etc...)

Any standard sized pickup can see down the sides with no problem. It's great. It makes trailering safer. I can not see down the sides of my brother's 2 place 101" enclosed, without those "Bug-Eyed" mirror extensions. It also makes cornering a bit easier. Don't have to go as wide around the corners. I think you'll see a lot of people switching once there are more options available to the consumer.
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Postby ohiomxz » October 1st, 2002, 10:12 am

Just ordered a 20' V- nose 7' wide with 6' height. The iterior width is just under 80". The trailer was the minimum length we felt we needed to fit 3 sleds based on our taped out interior dimensions in the barn. We jockeyed the sleds around and they WILL FIT but they fit "uncomfortably" due to some manual moving.
We decided that #1 sled drives in from the front facing the rear and is then manually pushed back, seat first, into the vee. #2 sled drives in forward from the rear on the right side. #3 sled backs in from the rear on the left side. Thank god #3 sled already has reverse! It's tight, but it's gonna work.
When we unload, we will only have to pull one sled (#2) out manually. The other two (thanks to reverse during load up) will drive out.
We really like the skinnier set up, it's much easier to see behind. Plus, the trailer is way lower to the ground due to the wheels being outside the box and even with the 6' height it's not too high.
ohiomxz

Postby DaYoopers » October 1st, 2002, 11:22 am

With a 20' v-nose, you will have no problem with 3 sleds. Load all the sleds from the front.
DaYoopers

Postby ohiomxz » October 1st, 2002, 12:18 pm

It's a 20' v nose INCLUDING the vee. There's no way they will fit driving them in all the same direction. Just no way!
ohiomxz

Postby tcat2 » October 1st, 2002, 1:03 pm

Hmmmm ..... In my Crystal Ball ... Your future shows another sled with reverse. LOL
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum