Subscribe Today

The dealer said......

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

The dealer said......

Postby M10rules » January 2nd, 2003, 8:13 am

Had a 500 Fuji Fan that went the dealer almost everyday for aweek because it would freeze the carbs. Took it to a different dealer and they put the screen kit in saving us BIG $$$.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

The dealer said......

Postby OnTheEdge » January 2nd, 2003, 10:14 am

You said it was a touring sled? I take that as a two seater. Maybe with additional weight of sled and/or an extra rider you may need all the cool air to the engine you can get without any restriction. I am fortunate to have a decent dealer that is reliable. I don't know your situation with your dealer, but if he is not reliable enough for you, find yourself a dealer you are comfortable with. Just my two cents. Happy New (Snow) Year! OTE.
OnTheEdge

The dealer said......

Postby NHSledATVrider » January 2nd, 2003, 12:34 pm

Keep it how it is. I wouldnt risk the chance of over heating. My family has a 2001 sport toring 550 and on those 40' days it really sucks having to go easy on it so the plugs won't foul out.

And my quess with the 340 having the screens is that it's a smaller motor and smaller motors can cool off better.
NHSledATVrider

The dealer said......

Postby Guy in PURPLE POLARIS SUIT » January 3rd, 2003, 2:03 am

IF you now your going some place were your going to plug them full of snow then takem off or at least keep them clear. Fan cooled motors need that air coming though the vents to cool the motor. Mind you it would have to be a warm day and that engine under a heavy load for it to seize up.
Guy in PURPLE POLARIS SUIT

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum