Subscribe Today

F7 Mud Flap

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

F7 Mud Flap

Postby oppatt » January 2nd, 2003, 4:30 am

Just got back from my first ride this year. I rode north of Newberry. Anyway, my mud flap kept getting stuck up in the track and with the studs of course it is all torn up now. Has anyone heard of any update to do something about this from Arctic Cat?
oppatt

F7 Mud Flap

Postby M10rules » January 2nd, 2003, 4:40 am

There are 2 fixes that I have heard of now.

#1-Cut the bottom 2" or so off of it. There is a spot where it changes angles near the bottom, cut right on that line.

#2-Reverse Snowflap. It is the same as the above for the most part.

One other idea is to put straps on it holding it out.
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

F7 Mud Flap

Postby snirt » January 2nd, 2003, 5:03 am

yea, you just have to make an articulating hinged snowflap thingy with some bars linked to the rear axle..... wait. scratch that. doo did it and it looks dumb.

nevermind.
snirt

F7 Mud Flap

Postby snirt » January 2nd, 2003, 5:04 am

BTW oppatt, how were the trails up there?
snirt

F7 Mud Flap

Postby M10rules » January 2nd, 2003, 7:44 am

They have been Mud Flaps lately.:(
"Instruction manuals are nothing more than another man's opinion."
"Why would I lie to you, we're not married?"
M10rules

F7 Mud Flap

Postby Whitester » January 2nd, 2003, 7:45 am

Is it "Mud Flap" or Snow Flap?
Whitester

F7 Mud Flap

Postby oppatt » January 2nd, 2003, 10:04 am

They actually werent that bad I rode about 100 miles Sunday night and Monday it was all rain. Late Monday night it started to freez and then turned to snow on Tuesday where we got 160 in before we went to have drinks by the cabin for the new year. Belive it or not the trails were not to tore up. Half of our rideing was on the unplowed county roads though. I cant really say too much though on where it was good and not because I was following the leader on the county roads, unless I stick to the trail I will end up in wisconsin or something. hahaha. I mostly ride near Mancelona and dont know my way around the UP to well. I do know that we stoped at the Rainbow, Pike Lake, drove by seny claus and Sunday night went in to Grand Maris. (they routed the trail all the way around town, for what I dont know but we left and went the usuall way which was must better. Only 1-2 miles of rough trail as oppose to 4-5 miles of rough train comeing into town.) And for all who brought up the mud flap comment. hahaha I meant snow flap. lol
oppatt

F7 Mud Flap

Postby NHSledATVrider » January 2nd, 2003, 12:38 pm

Yeah, same here. On my F5 the flap seems a bit wimpy and can go under the sled real easy. I just pulled it back so its sticking back a little more. Whatever works i guess.
NHSledATVrider

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum