Subscribe Today

ski doo mxz670

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

ski doo mxz670

Postby z670 » January 17th, 2003, 11:54 am

We are going through a lot of spark plugs. The dealer said it has something to do with the carbureator - you can't let this machine idle much. By the way, it's a 1998. They said the oil collects when it idles too much. Then when you go to take off, it's real sluggish. He made some adjustments, and I hope this works. The adjustments are supposed to let us run it normally & also will get us better gas mileage. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Oh yes, the previous owner already had the engine adjusted to run leaner, so that wasn't it.
z670

ski doo mxz670

Postby sidesaddle » January 19th, 2003, 7:37 am

I've got a 98 MXZ 670 and I noticed it is a bit heavier on oil than my 583 was (it uses about 1 quart per 100 miles) I also noticed that it does not like to idle too much and does'nt idle to well when first started warm. I do not have any problems with plugs fouling though. I have run 1 and a half seasons on the same plugs. What kind of plugs are you running?
sidesaddle

ski doo mxz670

Postby sidesaddle » January 19th, 2003, 7:43 am

I had that problem with the 583 fouling plugs at low trial speeds and the dealer fixed the problem by opening the air screw on the fouling cylynder (38mm carbs yours has 40mm carbs). What color are your plugs? They should be pretty close to a tan color if they are black and fouling on a regular basis you are running too rich which could be one of several adjustments.
sidesaddle

ski doo mxz670

Postby MX-ZAHOLIC » January 19th, 2003, 12:33 pm

I've got a 97 MX-Z 670, and I've had none of these problems at all! Mine runs great!
[b][purple]SNOW'S ALL GONE, TIME TO GO FISHIN'![/b][/purple]

[b][blue]WEATHER IN FORT FRANCES[/b][/blue]
[img]http://www.theweathernetwork.com/inter/weathercentre/weatherbutton/images/can/KINL.gif[/img]
MX-ZAHOLIC

ski doo mxz670

Postby ski doo man » January 21st, 2003, 12:38 pm

sounds like ur dealer synchronize the oil pump with the carbs. I did the same, found that the pump was set fat at the factory
soggsbg
ski doo man

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum