Subscribe Today

Woody's Picks are HORRIBLE

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby ohiomxz » March 5th, 2003, 1:33 pm

Just finished installing 144 Woody's Stainless Steel picks in a buddy's Cat. This was the first time I have ever used Woody's (I have always used Stud Boy) and I WILL NEVER USE WOODY'S AGAIN!
About every fourth pick, I had to take the pick out of the track and put it in the vise and chase the threads. What a royal pain!!!!
Never had that problem with Stud Boy.....my advice to anybody that is planning on studding is......STAY AWAY from Woody's!
ohiomxz

Postby speednutt » March 5th, 2003, 2:34 pm

Sorry to hear the bad luck.. I have used the woodys ice picks and never had the problem that use have.

Maybe they had a bad batch go thru quality control?

speednutt
[url]www.cmsaracing.com[/url]
[img]http://www.cmsaracing.com/images/logoweb1.jpg[/img]
speednutt

Postby AHF928 » March 6th, 2003, 6:58 am

I've used them all and never had problems with Woodys. Were these push thru or t-nut? I have used some cheap t-nuts with Woodys studs and had threading problems, but not with just 100% Woodys.
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

Postby Maniac » March 6th, 2003, 7:26 am

Woody's is the absolute best so I'm sorry but you must have gotten some defective ones or something. Woody's products put everyone else to shame, I have used them all my life and I stand by them and highly recommend them.
Guess you must have got some bad luck!
Let 'er RIP!!
Maniac

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum