Subscribe Today

Best Snowmobiling

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Best Snowmobiling

Postby NB Snowman » March 9th, 2003, 7:05 am

Hey all,

I want to let you know about Northern New Brunswick in Canada. Excellent trails, freindly people, huge amounts of snow, closer than Quebec to the Eastern US, no language barrier, and the US dollar goes further. I am looking to contact people and groups intersted in touring through New Brunswick in 2004. I am interested in starting guided tours catering to the US market. I also want to partner with existing groups in the US. Contact me at tmicholuk@yahoo.com
NB Snowman

Best Snowmobiling

Postby Whitester » March 11th, 2003, 9:42 am

I was in Ontario over the weekend. Met some snowmobilers that went to New Brunswick earlier in the year. They told me what there experience was like. It went something like this...

They had a new Chevy Tahoe, and a 4 place enclosed trailer with 4 sleds all newer than 2000. They pulled up to the motel they were going to stay at.... all of them walked in to check in. They estimated they were in the office for 5-8 mins. When they came outside. The new Tahoe, and trailer with sleds inside, was stolen! The truck was locked, and the engine was NOT running. They called the police. An officer came to the hotel and told them it was the 13th vehicle and trailer combo stolen, from the local area motels and hotels. The officer said they had a major theft ring in New Brunswick. The guys figured they lost $80,000 in all the equipment that was stolen from them. OUCH! The officer figures they have look outs in the parking lot, and inside the hotels, with wireless communtication equipment.

Now I understand theft happens everywhere, but I'm not going to a place where it happens all the time.

Just giving you a heads up!
Whitester

Best Snowmobiling

Postby Whitester » March 11th, 2003, 9:50 am

Ah nevermind... I see you are from New Brunswick.. So you probably already know about the major theft problem there. Sorry to bore you!
Whitester

Best Snowmobiling

Postby ohiomxz » March 11th, 2003, 10:00 am

What's the deal on the Canada permits? SOmebody told me they are $170!!!!??? Is there just a weekend permit?
ohiomxz

Best Snowmobiling

Postby Whitester » March 11th, 2003, 10:16 am

It's $30 a day. Or $100 for a week. I have been going to Ontario, Canada for 7 years now. I was just in Bracebridge, Ontario the past 4 days. Trails were EXCELLENT. I would guess about 3-4 feet of snow still.

The prices I quoted are in Canadian dollars.

Oh, I live in NY by the way. I spend most of my trail riding in Canada. I purchase the season pass every year.

*This Message was edited on 11-Mar-03 03:18 PM by Whitester*
Whitester

Best Snowmobiling

Postby ohiomxz » March 12th, 2003, 10:50 am

Thanks for the reply....Thinking aboyt heading to North Bay next weekend to hopefully get 1 more ride in! Know anything about North Bay?
thanks
ohiomxz

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum