Subscribe Today

Reeds ....... V-Force3 vs Boyesen

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby viper2002 » October 14th, 2003, 2:08 am

Hey Guys:

I'm looking into reeds,but I can't find anything other than from the sorce companys and everyone says they have the best. If you know of a compairison, a racer who uses them....anything please

Is the V-Force design better due to their cage design? Or does it not matter as long as you get the air from point A to B

Thanks Guys!!!
viper2002

Postby Shockman » October 15th, 2003, 12:03 am

Just my .02 V force seems to be the fav, probably cause they go a few$ cheaper.RAD valves have machined aluminum cages VS plastic cages on V force. I personally think aluminum cage is better. Havent seen Wolf Pack reeds yet so I cant comment one way or the other.
Shockman

Postby SUPERDUTY-MXZ8 » October 15th, 2003, 4:07 am

[URL]www.carbontech.com/[/URL]
SUPERDUTY-MXZ8

Postby ZiRT » October 15th, 2003, 1:21 pm

Just a correction: the Boyesen Rad valves are cheaper than the V-Force. I just picked up a set of Rads for $198US (on sale from $219 at ShadeTree) to put in my '02ZR8. The V-Force go out at $258.
May be different for other makes/models.
[red]http://www.nyssnowassoc.org[/red]
ZiRT

Postby Shockman » October 15th, 2003, 11:17 pm

Thanks for the comparison shopping Zirt. I was comparing price from HPE. I was thinking about a set of Rads for the XC. I live about 20 miles from Shade Tree Middlefield, stopped in about a month ago for hifax, none in stock ,sled parts should be in stock 10/26.
Shockman

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum