Subscribe Today

'96 Formula III 600

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

'96 Formula III 600

Postby Maniac » October 19th, 2003, 4:34 pm

Last year I bought 40mm Mikuni TMX flatslides for the old beast. When I went to put them on, I realized that the stock throttle cables were not long enough to hook up to the carbs. These carbs are not on a rack, so I still need a 3-into-1 cable. Does anyone know of a cable for another triple that would work??? I know this is a longshot. Or even a cable where the box that incorporates the ends of all the cables opens up so as to make the three longer.

Next, I also purchased some Dynoport Triple Pipes. I've been told that these pipes won't make a difference unless I port my sled. Is this true?? I've been looking at the Race Logic Sportport, anyone had any experience with these before??

Thanks for any help you can give.
Let 'er RIP!!
Maniac

'96 Formula III 600

Postby Riley7 » October 20th, 2003, 2:07 am

Hey Maniac, I don't know what to tell you about your cable situation, but those pipes should work fine, even without porting. They will work even better with porting, but Dynoport is known for building pipes that bolt on a stock engine and pick up the performance.

I've got a lot of parts lying around for the F-III 600's, including a set of stock carbs bored out to 39.5 mm. I've also got a modified engine here that would really make your sled fly, and the thing has never been fired, it's brand new. Let me know if you need anything, I'm only about 35 minutes south of the Sault, in Cedarville, MI.
Riley7

'96 Formula III 600

Postby Maniac » October 20th, 2003, 5:45 am

Well yeah, I'll let you know. Wouldn't really need anything until this one blows again, which will probably happen this season. Interested in what you've done to the engine, this is what I'm going to be running this year in the F-III.
40mm Flatslides
Dynoport Pipes with MBRP silencer
V-Force 3 Reeds
Wiseco Pro-Lite Pistons
Fast Roller Secondary
Different Springs in both clutches, multi stage helix
Different Primary Ramps off of a Mach Z.

But should I need parts, I would definitely be interested. The ski-doo dealer closed here in Sault, Ontario.

Thanks a lot for the info though, guess I'll go put the pipes on and maybe wait to test my porting skills...
Let 'er RIP!!
Maniac

'96 Formula III 600

Postby Maniac » October 20th, 2003, 7:54 am

Actually, come to think of it, I do need parts for a TRA clutch. Would you happen to have any spare clutch parts or even a whole clutch?
Send me an e-mail with what you're looking to get for them if you have anything.
ryanmenard@sympatico.ca
Thanks.
Let 'er RIP!!
Maniac

'96 Formula III 600

Postby FreezurBurnt » October 20th, 2003, 10:23 am

Try a MACH Z throttle cable they have flatslides
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

'96 Formula III 600

Postby Maniac » October 21st, 2003, 3:07 am

I thought that the Mach Z's Flatslides were in a rack configuration? Any specific year which still used a three into one cable??
Thanks.
Let 'er RIP!!
Maniac

'96 Formula III 600

Postby Brown » October 21st, 2003, 6:35 am

you can't hook up flatside carbs to the 2 stage throttle that the f111 has.. get a mach throttle cable and it should work
Brown

'96 Formula III 600

Postby Maniac » October 21st, 2003, 10:05 am

I don't see what the problem could be with the two stage throttle?? It's got nothing to do with the cable length???
Thanks for the help though, but I ask again, what year of a Mach Z??
Let 'er RIP!!
Maniac

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum