Subscribe Today

700 triple

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

700 triple

Postby viper_trails » October 30th, 2003, 7:14 am

hey riggs, are you using W.P.S as your dealer?
viper_trails

700 triple

Postby SXR752 » October 30th, 2003, 10:06 am

hey i own a 2001 vmax/sx-r 700. i agree with the turkster on his upgrades, but i'd even reccomend thinning the head gasket out a little more. i took 2 of the 3 layers out and you can really feel the increaseed power from the higher compression. you'll have to run premium gas though. i reccomend getting reed spacers and aftermarket reeds and also put on triple pipes! this is the single biggest improvment for the vmax/sx-r 700... pipes! its an instant 30 hp gain. i have louder slp triples on mine, but i know the power inc center dumps are very quiet.... some others offer low noise levels as well. as far as other improvments besides what the turkster mentioned, i also have a maxximum performance roller secondary and a camoplast predator 1.25" lug "finger" track... huge traction improvments! good luck with your sled, its an very versital sled thats got a wicked awesome personality once you wake it up from its sleepy stock form!

Bill
SXR752

700 triple

Postby Gobigorgohome » October 30th, 2003, 11:53 am

I had a '98 SRX and the only thing I didn't care for was the rear suspension, not enough travel for my type of riding. and I had a problem with the plugs fouling in really cold weather.
[img]http://img113.exs.cx/img113/9129/variouspictures3626kc.jpg height=100 width=150[/img]
Gobigorgohome

700 triple

Postby RIGGS1 » October 30th, 2003, 1:48 pm

No ViperTrails not WPS. It goes through the dealer it was bought from in Lake Villa ,Ill. A friend of a friend dealy. Now days it goes to a fella by the name of Mike Campbell in Eagle River that can tune that sled better than most anyone.
[img]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/big2_cond/language/www/US/WI/Mercer.gif[/img]
RIGGS1

700 triple

Postby 2004MXZXREV » October 30th, 2003, 4:36 pm

triples are use less
Get out and ride you panzys
2004MXZXREV

700 triple

Postby TrailBaby » October 31st, 2003, 2:31 am

hey yammyhaa ... thanks for the reply! I hear Grand Marais is a great place to ride, do you ride there much? I have heard the trails tend to get more traffic than they can handle at times!

Tug Hill, isn't that where the ride is planned for this year? Are you going? I would LOVE to hook up with some people and ride there this year. It sounds like you ride a lot too ... do you ride in groups or mostly couple rides?

Anyway, thanks for the reply. You being a yamaha owner, I would like to be able to run a couple of problems I am having with my new baby if you wouldn't mind. I tried to send you a private message and ask you but you don't accept them :(

Like the name? :W

HAPPY HALLOWEEN :p
[blue]SnowBunny[/blue] :W
TrailBaby

700 triple

Postby schleprock700 » November 1st, 2003, 3:07 am

I've got a vmax 700 triple with almost 7000km It's an awsome engine by the way I'ts a 98
schleprock700

700 triple

Postby MM700 » November 1st, 2003, 8:45 am

I disagree with you REV....triples are smooth, quiet, excellent trail machines...even with a few mods...which really wake them up...they still get better gas and oil milage than any twin on the market....if somebody...if anybody ( I don't care who it is) ever comes out with a dfi triple...that is as light as a twin...I'll be the first to buy it. I would love to see Polaris or somebody make a TXL 340 triple with dfi..it could be the lightest sled on the planet...and it's fuel economy would be un beatable...they could easily squeeze enough proformance out of it to make it competitive with most 500's on the market....as long as it would touch the century mark on the speedo and get there in a hurry (see quick), who would want/need anymore????...I rather have a lightweight triple, than any of those gas guzzling, paint mixing twins....anyday
MM700

700 triple

Postby Burky » November 1st, 2003, 2:44 pm

I have a 98 SX 700. Made some changes to it, went to plastic skis, bought them used, have both USI's and factory plastics. Put on triple PSI pipes and a 1.25 Camoplast track, unstudded. Added a set of reed spacers and Carbon Tech reeds. made my own 4th wheel kit and put in adjustable control rods. Reclutched it, using recommendations from some of the guys on www.Totallyamaha.com, and I changed the gearing in the gearcase from the stock ratio of 1.76 to a 2.00 ratio. Didn't drop much on top, but picked up nice acceleration in the range where you really ride. Found a taller windshield for it, added mirrors, and putting on handguards this year. This year it's getting a longer travel suspension via long travel shocks and limiter straps. Gets 13.5 or more in mileage, and a well set up Sx handles wonderfully in the corners. Downside is they weigh a little bit more than a twin does, but unless you are really beating it in the rough stuff the weight doesn't show. They are a very well designed, highly dependable engine, a solid chassis, and a pretty good bargain financially. Lots of parts available aftermarket to do whatever you want. I like mine a lot, and plan on keeping it until they stop making 2 strokes, then that year I want one of the last new ones. It liked to foul plugs on startup until I found the starting/warmup drill it liked. Fouled one plug last year early in the season, even though I run it a litttle bit rich for safety.
If you are in the ditch, upside down, and the sled's on top of you, you are doing something wrong.....
Burky

700 triple

Postby viper2002 » November 2nd, 2003, 12:16 am

If your looking for more HP , Bender Racing has the best selection for bolt-on mods...and best of all, they totally back them.
viper2002

PreviousNext

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum