Subscribe Today

indy top end speed

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

indy top end speed

Postby deadsled » December 12th, 2003, 3:22 am

lot of help you guys are.
He said 80, but we can assume speedo. The real problem is it is slower than it should be, based on running with other sleds. That trail should show 85 on the speedo.

How new is your belt? That is what usually goes first on my sled, but usually because my nephew does too much putting around the yard, and towing toboggans and stuff. A worn belt will take a couple of the top end.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

indy top end speed

Postby kawicat » December 12th, 2003, 4:03 am

that big long track is heavy, and is mostly likely what is holding you back.
[[green]RIDE HARD, PLAY HARD, STAY HARD, DIE HARD![/green]
kawicat

indy top end speed

Postby deadsled » December 12th, 2003, 4:20 am

good call, Kawi, I missed the long track.
I am currently riding a yamaha 4S. Who would have guessed?
deadsled

indy top end speed

Postby IndyTrlDlx » December 12th, 2003, 8:13 am

The belt is new, i realize polaris is bad with speedo's i have a friend with a xlt sp (95) that shows 115 on the speedo, ohh well, guess i will have to be happy with what i got, and start saving for a upgrade, sleds been bulletproof so far, just not as quick as i would like, thanks for the help guys
Ride Hard Ride Fast Ride Every Day
IndyTrlDlx

indy top end speed

Postby doo it » December 12th, 2003, 11:07 am

I didn't want to make you feel bad, and DON'T! you have the best selling trail sled of all times. There must be a good reason for that. It just has it limits, when it's comes to speed. A great sled none the less.

Take Care, Chuck
doo it

indy top end speed

Postby graynfast » December 12th, 2003, 12:06 pm

generally a 2 up sled has a few things differant then a single seat, I've had them both and scooped them out two up geared lower, less weight or differant ramps in drive clutch, and very important less angle on the helix in the driven clutch, keep in mind the sled was made for hauling twice the wieght! if youre gonna ride alone get the specs for the short track, or get parts from youre pals that have installed clutch kits in there sleds a lil mix and matching and youll be all set, have fun.
graynfast

indy top end speed

Postby RANDYRHINO » December 12th, 2003, 12:44 pm

I HAVE A 1992 JAG SPECIAL 440 FAN COOLED TWIN CARBED TWIN IT WOULD DO ABOUT 60/65 AT TOP SPEED SO IF YOU GOT 80 BE GRATEFUL.OH MY SLED HAS ABOUT 48 HORSEPOWER THATS WHY I JUST BOUGHT AN 04 F6 FIRECAT I'ME UP TO 118 HORSES NOW MY RECOMENDATION THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR CUBIC INCH DISPLACEMENT RIDE HARD RIDE FAST
RANDYRHINO

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum