Subscribe Today

Problems with my 99 z 440 sno pro

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby ziparmy11j » February 22nd, 2004, 7:48 am

I have been having a couple problems with my 99 z 440 sno pro. The first one is it has like nothing out of the whole now, it sits there and bogs for like 2 sec and then it will finally get like revved up and it will go, the second problem is wen im starting it or riding it i will let off the throttle on low rpm and its like it hits the kill switch or sumthing. can anyone help me out? thanks.
"RIDE OR DIE"
ziparmy11j

Postby sledrider04 » February 26th, 2004, 11:08 am

can't help but i know what its like. it happens all the time on mine. u juss gotta wait till it is totally killed and start it up again.
Brandon Weber
sledrider04

Postby racinfarmer » February 26th, 2004, 11:43 am

Well, it is a race sled, when was the last time the engine had a good rebuild and cleaning??? Did you have a "brain box" reprogrammed to run on pump gas??? I would say it just needs a good cleaning and rebuild of the engine. It is a race sled, even if you trail it, you will need to rebuild/clean the engine every 500-750 miles or so for it to run good and keep running good, no matter of the brand.

Hope this helps.

Later
This space left blank in memory of Animal, Doug, and every other snowmobiler who has lost their life participating in the sport they love.
racinfarmer

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum